Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,973   Online: 809

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fujifilm Film Sales

I've read (dont know where) that Fujifilm's sales were down to 1% of their revenue. Yet their recent public financial report seems to contradict this. In their image solutions group, photographic imaging (Film, chemicals, machines, etc) dramatically outsell their digital cameras. Is this right? Is film and related businesses still selling that well? I dont know how to read financial statements too well so dont trust my judgement!

http://www.fujifilmholdings.com/en/i...001/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW:

The report says for 2Q FY 2013 (April-September 2012) Fujifilm Group (AKA Fujifilm Holdings Corporation) the revenue was 1,061 billion Yen (I assume the report calls this 2Q because it comes at the end of the 2Q.)

Imaging Solutions had a revenue of 142 billion Yen or 13.4% of Fujifilm Group revenue. Of the Imaging Solutions revenue, Photo Imaging was 67% (95.1 billion Yen) or 9.0% of Fujifilm Group revenue. Electronic Imaging was 33% (46.9 billion Yen) or 4.4% of Fujifilm Group revenue.

This report doesn't breakdown film sales, but they would be some (probably small) part of the 9.0% figure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    FWIW:

The report says for 2Q FY 2013 (April-September 2012) Fujifilm Group (AKA Fujifilm Holdings Corporation) the revenue was 1,061 billion Yen (I assume the report calls this 2Q because it comes at the end of the 2Q.)

Imaging Solutions had a revenue of 142 billion Yen or 13.4% of Fujifilm Group revenue. Of the Imaging Solutions revenue, Photo Imaging was 67% (95.1 billion Yen) or 9.0% of Fujifilm Group revenue. Electronic Imaging was 33% (46.9 billion Yen) or 4.4% of Fujifilm Group revenue.

This report doesn't breakdown film sales, but they would be some (probably small) part of the 9.0% figure.
    That 95.1 billion yen is film related business no? That is much larger than their camera business! I had no idea of this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No. That 95bn would include all their photofinishing line, i.e. RA4 paper and printing machinery (Frontier) sales, which is all digital. It's pretty good though because it means (for now) that we have ready access to RA4 materials.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RA4 may outlast all other consumer color analog products.

PE

jun

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I've read (dont know where) that Fujifilm's sales were down to 1% of their revenue. Yet their recent public financial report seems to contradict this. In their image solutions group, photographic imaging (Film, chemicals, machines, etc) dramatically outsell their digital cameras. Is this right? Is film and related businesses still selling that well? I dont know how to read financial statements too well so dont trust my judgement!

http://www.fujifilmholdings.com/en/i...001/index.html
    Well, you can “exactly” see from the pie chart below in the page of the following link for Y2011 results:
    http://www.buaiso.net/interview/buaisointerview/16165/
    You see two pie charts; one is for Y2000 (left) and for Y2011 (right).
    From that pie chart; Total sales (of including all of the Fujifilm group company) for Y2011 was 2.1953 trillion Yen.
    You can see from the Y2011 pie chart that Photographic Film sales was 1% and
    that will result in 21.953 billon Yen of Photographic Film sales.
    So it means that the Photographic Film sales was 274 million US dollars for Y2011 (assuming exchange rate 1 USD = 80 Yen).
    If you look at the pie chart for Y2000 (film 19%), Y2011 (film 1%) seems reasonable.
    One should note that the Fujifilm “imaging sector” also shrunk from 54%(Y2000) to 15%(2011).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin