Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,843   Online: 775

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    All this is corporate bullshit and has no relationship with making and using products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Except when that "corporate bullshit" causes the loss of their ability to make—and thus our ability to use—those products.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Except when that "corporate bullshit" causes the loss of their ability to make—and thus our ability to use—those products.

Ken
    Exactly. The corporate bullsh!t will hit the fan if Kodak can't unload their film somehow onto someone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    This seems like a far more important story to film photographers than any news or rumors of Kodak.

http://www.harmantechnology.com/Blog...=60&EntryID=71
    Quote Originally Posted by Director of Sales and Marketing at HARMAN
    “We have many things due to be launched in 2013 and are very excited about the future.”
    Now that's what I like to hear .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by southmine View Post
    Now that's what I like to hear .
    Wow! Joined almost 5 years ago and THIS is your first post?!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Oh, come on now! Nov. 2008-that's only four years!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Heh. Yeah, I like to think things through before I speak .
    I promise to try to be a little more involved from now on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IMO, Eastman Kodak needs to go back to a "Norman Rockwell" style of marketing. I think a good piece of the population is getting sick of this shallow me, me, me, me... to hell with everyone else attitude. Family, friends, generosity, honesty, integrity, kindness, decency, forgiveness. I suggest that they market on those "nostalgic" principles because so many of us are sadly missing them. Kodak used to sell tons of film and processing that way but, as with most other companies, are now lost in the greed weeds along with the rest of us. I want out of the greed weeds. I want the "good" parts of the fifties back... not the bad parts, of course.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 11-18-2012 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    IMO, Eastman Kodak needs to go back to a "Norman Rockwell" style of marketing. I think a good piece of the population is getting sick of this shallow me, me, me, me... to hell with everyone else attitude. Family, friends, generosity, honesty, integrity, kindness, decency, forgiveness. I suggest that they market on those "nostalgic" principles because so many of us are sadly missing them. Kodak used to sell tons of film and processing that way but, as with most other companies, are now lost in the greed weeds along with the rest of us. I want out of the greed weeds. I want the "good" parts of the fifties back... not the bad parts, of course.
    How do you do that exactly? "Shoot with our film instead of Fuji or digital and your friends will love you more and your mom will bake you apple pie?"

I'm really not meaning to be snarky. I agree completely that we need more of these values and less greed. I'm at a loss about using them for marketing, however, which seems inherently contradictory anyway. I suppose they could promote film using images of family and such, but I don't think that would make any difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    How do you do that exactly? "Shoot with our film instead of Fuji or digital and your friends will love you more and your mom will bake you apple pie?"

I'm really not meaning to be snarky. I agree completely that we need more of these values and less greed. I'm at a loss about using them for marketing, however, which seems inherently contradictory anyway. I suppose they could promote film using images of family and such, but I don't think that would make any difference.
    Yes, precisely. I miss those Normal-Rockwell-style "Kodak Moments". I visualize the good little Kodak film girl smiling up at her mommy while being served cookies and milk and the bad little digital boy sulking and hungry in the time-out corner.

Actually, I was thinking more of a marketing strategy for the Kodak brand rather than film specifically.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 11-18-2012 at 04:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin