Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,179   Posts: 1,658,770   Online: 810

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    IMO, Eastman Kodak needs to go back to a "Norman Rockwell" style of marketing. I think a good piece of the population is getting sick of this shallow me, me, me, me... to hell with everyone else attitude. Family, friends, generosity, honesty, integrity, kindness, decency, forgiveness. I suggest that they market on those "nostalgic" principles because so many of us are sadly missing them. Kodak used to sell tons of film and processing that way but, as with most other companies, are now lost in the greed weeds along with the rest of us. I want out of the greed weeds. I want the "good" parts of the fifties back... not the bad parts, of course.
    How do you do that exactly? "Shoot with our film instead of Fuji or digital and your friends will love you more and your mom will bake you apple pie?"

I'm really not meaning to be snarky. I agree completely that we need more of these values and less greed. I'm at a loss about using them for marketing, however, which seems inherently contradictory anyway. I suppose they could promote film using images of family and such, but I don't think that would make any difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    How do you do that exactly? "Shoot with our film instead of Fuji or digital and your friends will love you more and your mom will bake you apple pie?"

I'm really not meaning to be snarky. I agree completely that we need more of these values and less greed. I'm at a loss about using them for marketing, however, which seems inherently contradictory anyway. I suppose they could promote film using images of family and such, but I don't think that would make any difference.
    Yes, precisely. I miss those Normal-Rockwell-style "Kodak Moments". I visualize the good little Kodak film girl smiling up at her mommy while being served cookies and milk and the bad little digital boy sulking and hungry in the time-out corner.

Actually, I was thinking more of a marketing strategy for the Kodak brand rather than film specifically.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 11-18-2012 at 04:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Kodak sales have not gone well recently. Any ideas why the sudden inability to sell off parts of the company? Previous to this autumn, there didnt appear to be any such problems.
    Potential buyers all hold off until they can get it for essentially nothing (a fraction of the price) at the expense of Kodak.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    A VERY cheap shot. There may be lots of things wrong with Kodak's current management, but NOT its product reputation.
    Their product reputation (outside of film) is terribad. Just mention the word EasyShare to anyone. Or printers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin