Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,774   Posts: 1,516,634   Online: 1104

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Disappearence of darkness

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not ALL doomsday. Not all Burley photographs, contrary to seemingly common belief, are made at plants to be torn down. On of these plants is still manufacturing today and is huge .

Burley in his introductory statement in this video also misses that out of two plants he hinted at even two new, though much smaller, plants arose.
    And maybe Mirko of Fotoimpex should crank up one of his internet sites and show again some photos of his small enterprise to cheer us up.

My archives are full of doomsday factory-pictures, but though I'm rather a glass-half-empty type of guy I would like to hint at the above. The uninitiated looking at this book will be even confirmed in his attitude that all has already gone. An attitude I come across daily.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-18-2012 at 10:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    While it is certainly true that Kodak products are questionable as to their future availability there is no shortage of film in 4x5 format now or in the foreseeable future.
    Even today Tmax 100, 400 and Tri-x are still available in 4x5 format. Actually, Freestyle has tri-x 320 in a 5x7 format.
    Ilford continues to support even ultra large formats.
    With that in mind I lost interest in the video after the statement "Suddenly, it was hard to find my most essential material, film."
    If this is the artist's statement for this work I cry fabricated empathetic artistic pandering.
    Last edited by bascom49; 11-18-2012 at 09:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I also question this. One has merely to visit the Freestyle site to find all kinds of reasonably priced large format film.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The photochemical industry is less buildings and machinery, which can be re-made, but people with knowledge who design and make those materials and have a positive attitude to this.

I'm not sure Burley shares this view, as I don't see these people except of in one of his images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like to see pictures of Forte, Ferrania, ORWO, Svema, Fotokemika and other closed factories.
    The project seems to be far from complete in the context it's presented. It would be very interesting.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I wonder if the darkrooms at Ryerson were photographed as they were taken out over the last 7 years.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by palec View Post
    I would like to see pictures of (...) Fotokemika (...)
    Here are a few pictures of the Fotokemika plant taken by Jim Browning in Samobor about five years ago (post #29):

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...d-photo-3.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palec View Post
    I would like to see pictures of Forte, Ferrania, ORWO, Svema, Fotokemika and other closed factories.
    The project seems to be far from complete in the context it's presented. It would be very interesting.
    ORWO are still in business http://www.filmotec.de/
    Great films, reasonable prices.
    Forte papers are to be resurrected by Adox. There are several threads about Polywarm, with recent updates from Adox.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, Filmotec and the late Orwo are not the same company. Filmotec is kind of tiny offspring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin