Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,690   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kentmere stopping matt papers?

Hi all,

I've been told by local importer in Czech Republic that Kentmere is halting production of matt papers at least for some time. Could someone confirm this?

Please keep your posts on topic and avoid speculations and opinions. I don't like to search through 10 pages of those to find only handful of posts with information in them.

I hope it's not going to happen because I am running out of matt paper producers. My last attempt was to buy some Efke paper and needless to say anything about how succesful it went. I'm a lucky guy

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a side note: Kentmere is just a brand by now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There hasn't been any Kentmere matt paper, at least in FB, for a few years now, they never made a true matt paper, but when they were taken over by Harman all FB matt stopped, they are not, as far as I know, stopping the fine lustre in RC vc select, but the only kentmere FB paper currently in production is the Fineprint glossy, so if you have been using any Kentmere fb matt paper it must be very old stock, as an aside, Ilford still make a true matt paper in both RC (The silk, I think) and the FB papers.
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Koja,

We have not announced the discontinuation of any KENTMERE product, FB KENTMERE Matt papers in FB were stopped before we bought KENTMERE, and we sold out the remaining stocks post acquisition,the RC Satin products continue.

Dear AGX : KENTMERE is a brand, but not just a brand, and we value it very much, it has its own dedicated formulations that are KENTMERE only, and it now has a range of two films as well. Yes it is wholly owned by HARMAN and coated by HARMAN but it enjoys its own distribution channel and its own dedicated and very loyal customers.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Simon, by being "just" a brand I wanted to indicate that Kentmere is no longer the maker of these products, as the OP hinted at a production by Kentmere. As you indicated my wording was not well chosen, as it could be read as anything being packed under this label.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear AGX

No I understood....sorry, I was not meaning to sound grumpy !!!

Kind Regards,

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, my mistake. It was finegrain fb not matt. So is it being discontinued?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best place for accurate info is here.

http://www.kentmere.co.uk/
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like Simon answered it: "We have not announced the discontinuation of any KENTMERE product..." Which is a very refreshing thing to read these days of product demise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem may be the importer had a sizable inventory when a product was discontinued a while ago, and they won't say it's discontinued until they actually run out.
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin