Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,295   Online: 885

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There were even type 126 SLR's. (Zeiss and Rollei)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There were even type 126 SLR's. (Zeiss and Rollei)
    And the Kodak Instamatic Reflex http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Kodak_Instamatic_Reflex
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Were there any good 126 cameras? I only remember Instamatics. The film has different perforations and edge markings, but is the same width as 135. The cartridges are plastic, so totally different from 135 in terms of manufacturing.
    The Minolta Autopak 700 was a very good 126 rangefinder. I'm down to my last few cartridges of recent colour neg. After that I suppose it becomes a collectors item.

Shooter
    35mm
    Getting a bit OT, but, when used within the limits of their basic settings, the Kodak Instamatics could give excellent results....a friend recently showed me some 126 Kodachrome slides of Venice taken on a simple Instamatic in the early 1970's. He'd scanned and printed the best of these to A4 size and framed them to hang on the wall....remarkably sharp and natural colors, (and with no Photoshop enhancement needed!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You guys are really pulling me over. I love Delta over TMAX, and if Kodak stops making Tri-X, you'll have all my business for B&W!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Very good news and hopefully the cassettes will have DX coding in the relevant speed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm already an Ilford fan. HP5 is my most used film--35mm, 120, and 4x5. And now maybe 6.5x9.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was not aware film casettes being a problem. I thought as long a film manufacturer is producing film the producer of the casettes will have demand to satisfy. So I can't see this move under the light of "we saved the type 135 film casette". Perhaps it is a financial move, I could agree with that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    I was not aware film casettes being a problem. I thought as long a film manufacturer is producing film the producer of the casettes will have demand to satisfy. So I can't see this move under the light of "we saved the type 135 film casette". Perhaps it is a financial move, I could agree with that.
    Like anything else, as demand falls, bulk runs at giant manufacturing facilities don't have enough orders, and so it is no longer profitable to keep the machines going, and certainly not profitable to design new smaller run machines for a dying business (and yes it's dying as they see it) so Ilford is being smart in creating their own ahead of time as to not have this cause a lag like ADOX seems to be having because their supplier has stopped supplying suddenly...

Most film users also are shooting 120 and 4x5 more than 35mm as they progress they want more detail and more information and more flexibility that 35mm can't offer, and so the need is less and less. Yes there are still 35mm shooters (Mostly the Leica crowd), but as an example, the only 35mm I shoot are panoramic these days in my Mamiya 7 which really is a 120 camera with a 35mm adapter.

Anyway that's my take on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is really encouraging news. Thanks for your commitment to 35mm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin