Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 805

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Is that from medium format as the square appears to be? It would take a pretty grainy film to show grain in that display resolution from medium format. Heck, I have Delta 3200 negatives, shot at 3200, that hardly show any in that size. Not saying you aren't right, just that it isn't going to mean much in viewing that image.

OK yes it's 6x7 from my Mamiya 7, I think a 2 or 4 second exposure. Shot @400 and developed @400 in DD-X scanned at 2400dpi exported with no sharpening, I haven't touched the image at all except a crop that can be 1:1 and wouldn't be re-sized by APUG limitations, in a section that was plain color to show the grain structure best. (except watermark which I'm paranoid and just had to do...)

Hope this is acceptable now that I'm at a computer I can do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HP51to1-1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	62175

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, when I run out of the HC110 I'll try the DD-X . My budget is usually pretty tight, as is my bathr...darkroom. I'm by no means an expert, but I do want to take nice pictures.

Thank you for the tips. The FP4+ is really catching my eye right now. My next order to freestyle may include a couple rolls.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

News From HARMAN technology Limited :

Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    Ok, when I run out of the HC110 I'll try the DD-X . My budget is usually pretty tight, as is my bathr...darkroom. I'm by no means an expert, but I do want to take nice pictures.

Thank you for the tips. The FP4+ is really catching my eye right now. My next order to freestyle may include a couple rolls.
    Look at B&H, their prices are often a tiny bit better.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news in terms of supply security. I assume that since there is no mention of it, it won't affect consumer prices...though Harman probably will probably get a better cut doing it in house

I've recently switched to Ilford films entirely for B&W. It's nice to still see this kind of commitment on their part.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    I've recently switched to Ilford films entirely for B&W. It's nice to still see this kind of commitment on their part.
    When I read news like this I sure consider it. I recently got a couple bulk spools of Arista premium and when I read this news I actually felt guilty!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good news.

BTW There's no apostrophe in 1960s.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That's aewsome news; you guys are the best!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

News From HARMAN technology Limited :

Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    Good news.

BTW There's no apostrophe in 1960s.
    You sure? I guess unless you're talking about ownership, like the 60's owned me. Like that haha?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    127 Format
    There was if you were there.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm, I remember buying some from Freestyle in the early 1990s that, as I recall, they said were Ilford. Maybe that's the 'in the UK' part on the announcement. Whatever they were, the were by far the best I've ever seen - thick black metal body, nice coppery caps, sturdy reels, good felt, tough and secure as hell. Obviously would have lasted forever, maybe with felt replacement after a decade or two....

Too bad I had to leave most of them in Belarus (I'd lived there a year, and didn't have room in my luggage when I left - though would have if I knew I'd never see such quality again!). Anyway, I just bought a bunch of cassettes on eb, so look forward to seeing what Ilford/H. make next time I need some! I can only dream they'd be as good as those I had 20+ years ago!

Ilford/Harman continues to be one of the brightest spots in the too often dark world of photography.

Oh - I just read the full posts on this and saw the note about not reloadable; so I'll limp along with the flimsy metal ones I can get for now. Anyway, I can't get enough of HP5 et al., and must try some of that Kentmere soon... loaded into my flimsy Korean cassettes.
    Last edited by Robert Liebermann; 01-30-2013 at 02:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I read the whole post and thus saw my question was answered (not my prayers, though)

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin