Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,950   Online: 944

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Revives Super-8 ?

Put this on CPUG the other day, but haven't gotten any responses. Don't really know how active that group is.

Anyway, With Kodak's troubles, I was suprised to hear that they were going to market a new Super-8 film again.

http://www.lomography.com/magazine/n...es_same_author

I loved making movies for years, and finally switched to video because of difficulty obtaining film and the cost of processing. Admittadly, I stuck with Double-8, so was even further behind the curve. Sure would like to use my Bolex H8 again.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm
    The lomography.com link doesn't appear to work.

But it looks as though the "new" super-8 film is Vision3 color neg...not the most convenient for those of us who just want to put a film through our old cameras and get a quick finished spool ready to project as you could with Ektachrome 100d. There are, however, professionals who use super-8, and this seems to be more towards that market, as an extra packing of the film already available in 35mm and 16mm, rather than a "new film".

(also http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...rome-100d.html )
    Last edited by railwayman3; 12-18-2012 at 11:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak has always has some portfolio in Super-8. The concern is that this new announcement coincides with the announcement that they are discontinuing the only color film that can be projected, Ektachrome 100D. All of the other films are either black-and-white, or color negative, which requires scanning to a computer to view.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin