Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,119   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    My first thought was "again?", my second was remembering how low film prices actually are compared to 10 years ago and the decrease in demand. If it keeps film alive, so be it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Better then a 'discontinuing xxx line' report.
    And the most relevant response comes first...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Better than coughing up three grand every couple of years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still feeling good with just over 600 sheets of HP5+ and about 300 rolls of Tri-X 120mm in the freezer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    At least they are still manufacturing film, for which I'm thankful.
    +1

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These things happen, staff get pay rises, property prices increase, that needs to be paid for. Almost everything goes up in price, that which does not, you need to question how it's being made. Sure, I can buy stuff from Indonesia for pennies, but it's the factory workers who pay for that. The major film makers are Kodak, Fujifilm, and Ilford, all in first world nations, paying proper salaries and with realistic costs.

I want a pay rise this year, so do Fujifilm workers, you can either increase your sales, or charge more for your product. Products which are not in dramatic growth will need to go up in price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    hopefully 8x10 isn't part of the increase cuz 10% of $219 is painful.
    The maths isn't that hard.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's called inflation. Was a box of color film really that much cheaper thirty years ago given its percent of one's overall income at the time? I don't think so.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    It's called inflation. Was a box of color film really that much cheaper thirty years ago given its percent of one's overall income at the time? I don't think so.
    As a student I paid roughly double the price in retail stores 10 years ago pre-internet than I pay now when I buy online (no more local stores selling film, especially b&w)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Better than coughing up three grand every couple of years.
    Very true. I gave up on shooting film last month and have already spent close to $750 on digital gear. I know for certain that next year will be much, much more expensive. Digital is definitely not cheaper than film.

A shame that I could not get the quality I need out of my film gear. I still come here out of force of habit.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin