Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,108   Online: 1171

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't think that's correct, I specifically asked before and I swear someone told me that Acros was NOT T grain... I was asking about buying developers... I don't know for sure but I remember being told that Acros was classic grain...

~Stone
    Maybe they were just wrong.

According to Fuji, Acros employs "Super Fine Sigma Grain Technology", which to my understanding is equivalent to T-grain.
    Here's what Wackypedia says: "Tabular-grain film...includes nearly all color films, T-MAX films from Kodak..., Delta films from Ilford Photo and the Fujifilm Neopan films."
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fujifilm Announces Film Price increases

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Maybe they were just wrong.

According to Fuji, Acros employs "Super Fine Sigma Grain Technology", which to my understanding is equivalent to T-grain.
    Here's what Wackypedia says: "Tabular-grain film...includes nearly all color films, T-MAX films from Kodak..., Delta films from Ilford Photo and the Fujifilm Neopan films."
    That would mean that the NEOPAN word is the T grain indicator not Acros, so then what's "Neopan Acros 100" vs just "neopan 400"?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Acros is a type of Neopan. I don't know if the Wiki article is accurate, but Fuji makes it clear in their Acros data sheet. It uses tabular grain.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fujifilm Announces Film Price increases

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Acros is a type of Neopan. I don't know if the Wiki article is accurate, but Fuji makes it clear in their Acros data sheet. It uses tabular grain.
    Gotcha thanks

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anybody think that if Kodak doesn't find a buyer for its film and it discontinues all the film (I'm hoping it doesn't, but you never know) that Fuji will re-introduce Fuji 160S, Fuji 160C, and Fuji 800Z? 400H isn't much to go on, considering the only other colour neg they have is Fuji Superia (and Reala in 120).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    At least they are still manufacturing film, for which I'm thankful.
    +1

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by h.v. View Post
    (and Reala in 120).
    Reala is gone too, it'll only be around for as long as remaining stock lasts.
    I don't remember where I read it, but there was a statement from Fujifilm that they would bring discontinued films back if there were demand. Kodak kicking the bucket would surely qualify IMHO. On another note: I would love to see 800Z back and have both 160NS and 800Z available in 135 as well. Fuji only has 400H left in 135 (at least in their professional lineup). Portras are fine but at times for certain situations too magenta-ish for my taste, the lack of choice in 135 really bugs me...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin