Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,416   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume this is not exactly industry news.

A thread is already running:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/1...ion-block.html

(But we are to refrain to use the K-word...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry. Did not see that thread. Will also never mention that word again. Sheesh, such a restrictive forum. S word, and now the K word. Anything else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nonsense (to be polite about it) on not mentioning the word. I've yet to see anyone with authority say the word is banned and, if I do, I'll quit APUG. I understand endless threads whining about its demise and wanting it back get tiresome. I get that, really. But recalling it fondly or mentioning it in historical context like this being verbotten? Bull paddies.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I assume this is not exactly industry news.

A thread is already running:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/1...ion-block.html

(But we are to refrain to use the K-word...)
    I would assume that the OP placed this thread in "Industry News" as it relates to an upcoming auction and may be of interest to dealers in art and memorabilia as well as collectors.

I for one certainly won't refrain from mentioning Kodachrome as it is a historically important product spanning what I (and may others) consider the golden age of photography. It is a shame the product has gone but I do think both the product and the work it was used for should be celebrated.
    " ... a cook who relies on nothing but a sharp knife has no guarantee of producing excellent dishes." - Yoshihisa Maitani

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Nonsense (to be polite about it) on not mentioning the word. I've yet to see anyone with authority say the word is banned and, if I do, I'll quit APUG. I understand endless threads whining about its demise and wanting it back get tiresome. I get that, really. But recalling it fondly or mentioning it in historical context like this being verbotten? Bull paddies.
    +1
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    That's good to know. Since I have been warned and had a critical and very helpful thread deleted (before I could save it) for mentioning the S word, I am very unsure of this place. I've never been in such a restricted environment before so find it strangely unfriendly. Forums are usually pretty casual as long as you arent a troll.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by onepuff View Post
    I would assume that the OP placed this thread in "Industry News" as it relates to an upcoming auction and may be of interest to dealers in art and memorabilia as well as collectors.
    We got a special forum "Antiques and Collecting"
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum127/

I thought "Industry News" to be related to the manufacturing industry. I admit though that its sub-title is ambiguous.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodachrome comes through again!

Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    They need to ban all digital camera manufacture and start making Kodachrome again. In 50 years, what are you going to do to show your pictures--hold up a CD? Phooey.
    In 50 years, about all I'll be holding up, is dirt.

Little unclear on the S word...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    In 50 years, about all I'll be holding up, is dirt.

Little unclear on the S word...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I think they mean scanning. I have no problem with it. Yes, talk of it needs to be self limited but not banned.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin