Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,635   Online: 852

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another very good mail order and on line supplier in the U.K. is Firstcall Photographic in Taunton
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    I will give First Call a big Thumbs Up. As lest as inexpensive as most and quite a bit less expensive than some. I nearly always deal with them now, they can supply almost anything I need.

I do shop around but nearly always come back to them.

AG is about the cheapest for Fibre based B&W paper though

Shooter
    35mm
    One of the real advantages of Firstcall if you buy bulky items such as 5Ls of developer and fixer or even just a few packages of paper is its standard postage charge. Postal charges these days add on a lot.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    I will give First Call a big Thumbs Up. As lest as inexpensive as most and quite a bit less expensive than some. I nearly always deal with them now, they can supply almost anything I need.

I do shop around but nearly always come back to them.

AG is about the cheapest for Fibre based B&W paper though
    For all papers, both FB and RC check out Silverprint, a lot of their paper and film is cheaper then AG, also their carriage is one of the cheapest around, to Jersey, where I am it is only around £8, almosthalf the price of AG, which charge me £13.50p
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On-line shopping is killing bricks and mortar shops H.M.V. have just gone in to administration too with 4,500 jobs at risk http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...0-jobs-at-risk even the high-street giants are by no means immune, who would have ever thought Woolworths and many other household names would go tits up, and it still continues more than thirty chain store shops a day are closing at the moment in Britain, and when they are all gone the general public will wonder what happened to them.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Looks like HMV are set to disappear from the UK's High Streets too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21021073

Steve.
    The newpaper today says that "the current CEO of HMV was previously the boss of Jessops"....don't know if that's accurate, or exactly what it proves....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    On-line shopping is killing bricks and mortar shops H.M.V. have just gone in to administration too.
    HMV also has (or is that had) an online retail presence that did a significant amount of business. But it is more likely downloads of music & videos for peanuts/free has killed the core of their operation.

Are we up for a sweepstake on the next highstreet retailer to go to the wall ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    It's like the Oscars! Or is that the Razzies?

Currys - best leading electronic retailer.
    Maplin - best supporting electronic retailer.

In Memoriam: Jessops (1935-2013), HMV (1921-2013)

I suppose we should only be mourning.

I think the biggest concern regarding Jessops and its impact on photography is what one staff member from the Warrington store said in the paper (on the public paying their condolences) 'They were saying it's now almost impossible to get your photos printed in the centre of town.'

That nobody prints anymore - even holiday photos - is what troubles me most about photography amongst the masses. I don't care if digital photographs belong on the screen, ultimately, people not printing affects the value placed on traditional photography and the art.
    Last edited by batwister; 01-15-2013 at 01:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    HMV also has (or is that had) an online retail presence that did a significant amount of business. But it is more likely downloads of music & videos for peanuts/free has killed the core of their operation.

Just as voters get the government they deserve, shoppers get the high-street they deserve, soon they won't be able to use the high-street as a place of demonstration and to handle the goods then buy them off the internet.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin