Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,353   Online: 773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Good News

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Some Good News

It's been awhile since Fuji has made a statement like this. I found this in an article linked below.

"With smartphones eating into digital camera sales, Fujifilm has been focusing on the higher end of the consumer market with cameras such as the pricey but popular x100. The company announced it will stop production of movie film from this March but insists it won’t abandon camera film. No matter how small a part of the business it forms today, ceo Shigetaka Komori says that film will continue, coexisting alongside the Astalift, the x-ray machines and all the other Fujifilm businesses."

http://monocle.com/magazine/issues/60/renewal-process/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not pack a roll of film to every to each tin of cosmetic, or a sample of cosmetic to each roll of film...
    Don't we all want to lok good in a photo?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It is good news.

Shooting Nikons I have "played with" Canon shooters about their preference for buying cameras from a copier company. Now I can self deprecate myself when shooting Fuji saying that I get my film from a cosmetics company.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nice affirmation from Komori! Thanks Ratty for the news, happy new year
    Andy

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That quotation from Fuji CEO is taken out of context. Reading other statements by him on this matter, I understand something as Fuji manufacturing consumer film as long as this being profitible. But nothing of the kind of putting any efforts in product development and such.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is what they say today. New circumstances, new boss, well hopefully, none of that will happen.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least it is good to hear.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That quotation from Fuji CEO is taken out of context. Reading other statements by him on this matter, I understand something as Fuji manufacturing consumer film as long as this being profitible. But nothing of the kind of putting any efforts in product development and such.
    Can you direct us towards these quotes?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    IIRC, Komori said in another interview, "As long as just one photographer is still using film, we will keep producing it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now he's really gone and painted himself into a corner. I've already decided that I'm never going to die...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin