Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,998   Online: 686

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    An auction like this should be prepared better and probably sold through Sotheby's or Christie's or somebody of the same experience.
    I wouldn't make an offer without a proper inspection de visu of the material.
    The lack of a proper list of items is certainly not very inspiring.

If the cameras really were as the seller says (Many cameras are in working condition. Most of them have a great cosmetic condition) there would certainly be margin for profit.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its already relisted.. After 2 hours! Maybe the one bid came from him trying to give the impression that there is interest in the auction.. He also raised the shipping from $1k to $2k..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I didn't see anything in the pile that looked at all interesting. Looked like a bunch of Argus and other cheaper cameras. Didn't see any Leicas, and only one or two Rolleis. No thanks. My taste is for gear much older than that relatively modern stuff. I'd rather have one $34,000 Gireaux sliding box camera with a Chevalier lens than all that 1960s junk. Or, 1 clean 1920s Leica Model 1.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It looks like a random accumulation of cameras. I went to a local sale of a similar "collector"--it was a little scary. There's a certain pathology at work and it's unsettling. Like this seller, there was a ton of random junk and a very small number of desirable cameras. No one will buy this collection at anything near the asking price and no major auction house will have any interest. It will end up with the estate sale folks--sooner or later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...Its already re-listed...He also raised the shipping from $1k to $2k...
    Plus, now he has added a $50,000 BIN, (buy-it-now) option.
    I thought 35k was a stretch...50k is tad delusional.

He does advise 'on-site inspection' prior to purchase, and 'local pick-up' instead of shipping.

...Self Pickup is most preferable way to finish up the transaction...
    It is strongly recommended for eye inspection before purchase...
    This seems to be about the only aspect of this deal that's making any sense.

Marc

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't like the term "junk" for this collection. It denounces all what I have. And, more important, it gives a better oversight over what really had been used in the history of photography than any elite camera only known to some collecting experts.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I don't like the term "junk" for this collection. It denounces all what I have. And, more important, it gives a better oversight over what really had been used in the history of photography than any elite camera only known to some collecting experts.
    For me , I have to be expert to know that japanese garbage than know rollei and leica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    local news article has more pictures---one heck of a lot of cameras:

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/02/14/...ioned-on-ebay/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did someone just mention Sotheby's? He'd have to auction them as Cartier-Bresson's cameras for that I think.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    For me , I have to be expert to know that japanese garbage than know rollei and leica.
    Considering the contribution the Japanese have made to the history of photography, that is a pretty small minded statement.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin