Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,746   Online: 889

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So can we get together and have them make some more paper and chemistry to print chromes again?

Also, anyone know if Kodak still has the capability to produce Verichrome? if there were a large special order?
    Ilford doesn't do colour.

And there have been an awful lot of equipment and constituent chemistry changes since Verichrome was made.

There has even been a lot of equipment and constituent chemistry changes since Verichrome Pan was made.

Even for current products, Kodak has very large minimum quantity requirements for special orders (such as unusual sizes).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Ilford doesn't do colour.

And there have been an awful lot of equipment and constituent chemistry changes since Verichrome was made.

There has even been a lot of equipment and constituent chemistry changes since Verichrome Pan was made.

Even for current products, Kodak has very large minimum quantity requirements for special orders (such as unusual sizes).
    Ilford is two parts, related only by name. Harman, that operates Ilford Photo and Kentmere. Then there's a company (in Switzerland I think) that makes inkjet paper. The 'other' Ilford used to make Ilfochrome paper and chemistry, up until about half a year ago.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Ilford is two parts, related only by name. Harman, that operates Ilford Photo and Kentmere. Then there's a company (in Switzerland I think) that makes inkjet paper. The 'other' Ilford used to make Ilfochrome paper and chemistry, up until about half a year ago.
    Agreed - but as far as I know the only Ilford that does custom coating is the black-and-white Ilford.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Agreed - but as far as I know the only Ilford that does custom coating is the black-and-white Ilford.
    Yeah, who knows if they even coat anything at all at the Swiss Ilford. I guess everything has a price. Had somebody very rich stepped up and offered them enough money to continue making Ilfochrome, I bet they would. But that kind of demand just wasn't there for them towards the end, evidently. I think it was only a handful or two labs towards the end that actually offered Ilfochrome printing service.

Anyway, let's get back to Arista Premium and Kodak.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Actually both are related by history. The part that bears the name Ilford the shorter time is legally the true Ilford as since long it is their company name. Ilford Photo is actually only a brand name of the other company, though historically the older Ilford, but lost Ilford as company name.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

No more Arista Premium 400? Hmm......

Thanks Matt, Thomas, AgX.

I knew I wasn't totally crazy, I remembered ilfochrome being mentioned more than once in regard to chrome papers.

What about the chemistry? I have a guy who will make me a few chrome prints, because he has lots of paper, but has NO chemistry to process it... Who makes that?

PS had no idea Kentmere was also Ilford. Hmmm...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The print-chemistries were made by Ilford. They are now stated as discontinued.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin