Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,735   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Sale Near

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    even without competitors Fuji is raping their own E6 line.
    Hmm, let's see. Fuji still makes Velvia 50 and 100, and Provia 100F and 400X in 35mm and 120. I'm quite happy with Velvia 100 and Provia 100F - doing an experiment now pushing a roll of Provia 100F to 320. Why? Because I can.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    What????

I think he means that they have discontinued Sensia and Astia. Which does suck, but if there was a sustainable market for fuji to make them they would still be made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And Velvia 50 in 4x5. Which was the very film that put Kodak E6 in trouble, according to the internet.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebbiebear View Post
    I think he means that they have discontinued Sensia and Astia. Which does suck, but if there was a sustainable market for fuji to make them they would still be made.
    Very true, don't lose sight of the fact company s exist to make a profit for the benefit of their shareholders, not the convenience of their customers.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebbiebear View Post
    A Fuji spokesman was quoted here saying that they are not opposed to bringing back canceled films and he considered Astia their best ever slide film and its lack of success was due to a marketing failure. I agree. Absolutely beautiful film. But Fuji pioneered over the top color saturation in slide film and the market no longer seemed to appreciate realistic color and moderate contrast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin