Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,826   Online: 1170

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fuji news, Feb. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I grew up in L.A., barely survived that place after being there 19 years, you could not pay me a million a year to go back. But OZ, I lived there too for nearly a year in 2001 doing assignments for AFP and even some nice month long magazine pieces on Humpback Whales in Hervey Bay and then three weeks in Tassy for Outside. Brilliant country, great people and sorry Mr. Noble but super sweet and attractive women.

I'd go back in a heartbeat...
    Eww LA was my SECOND worst city during my Kodachrome trip, and I lost most of the shots, they were all blank, I don't know what happened but it sure was a disappointment the first worst was Seattle, what miserable place, the only good thing is their coffee and chocolate...

Now Colorado, wow! Amazing!

OZ... Ahhh I can't wait! Someday...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I grew up in L.A., barely survived that place after being there 19 years, you could not pay me a million a year to go back. But OZ, I lived there too for nearly a year in 2001 doing assignments for AFP and even some nice month long magazine pieces on Humpback Whales in Hervey Bay and then three weeks in Tassy for Outside. Brilliant country, great people and sorry Mr. Noble but super sweet and attractive women.

I'd go back in a heartbeat...

Yyyyyes! Hervey Bay is God's own country — lovely to laze around in a schooner. Tassie is where I did my early landscape training (Cradle Mountain, Fortesque Bay, Tasman Peninsula, Great Western Tiers and lower South Coast). I need to go back there for a project this coming Spring.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I love L.A. But have always dreamed about Australia.

I would go in a minute if I had the means.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    127 Format
    Btw... What's with the cat pictures? Never saw them before.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ... the first worst was Seattle, what miserable place, the only good thing is their coffee and chocolate...
    Yes! Seattle is utterly miserable! <hypnosis> You want to stay away ... you want to stay away ... there are no sunny days here ... there are no sunny days here ... we always have drizzle and rain ... we always have drizzle and rain ... </hypnosis>

-- Brian "Oooh, Glazer's has Kodak E100G 8x10 in stock! SNAG!!" Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    <hypnosis> You want to stay away ... you want to stay away ... there are no sunny days here ... there are no sunny days here ... we always have drizzle and rain ... we always have drizzle and rain ... </hypnosis>
    And just why do you think hypnosis is required for THAT message? There really ARE no sunny days. Only convergence days.

Oh crap. Just looked outside. Wow. Is THAT was nearby stars really look like? It's burning my eyes...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    What about 160NS... can't find that in the list and haven't heard of discontinuation... anybody know anything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Now Colorado, wow! Amazing!

~Stone
    NO! Colorado sucks! Its the armpit of the universe! Don't anybody move here. You'll hate it. You'll get altitude sickness and never be able to get out of bed. Denver is a dusty cow town. Cowboys carrying guns.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    127 Format
    I'm sure everyone agrees Southern California and LA sucks the worst!

Yet, they keep coming.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I'm sure everyone agrees Southern California and LA sucks the worst!...
    If not worst, a very close contender, and I've felt that way most of the 35 years we've been here.

Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    ...Yet, they keep coming...
    Not as many as used to. I can't wait to leave. Another few years to go!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin