Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,904   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Fuji news, Feb. 2013

You can read here: http://ffis.fujifilm.co.jp/informati...lein_0022.html

Translation: http://translate.google.com/translat...2.html&act=url

In resume, Fuji is stopping 24exp. packages for its Pro films, new package design and the already announced price increases from April 2013.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    You can read here: http://ffis.fujifilm.co.jp/informati...lein_0022.html

Translation: http://translate.google.com/translat...2.html&act=url

In resume, Fuji is stopping 24exp. packages for its Pro films, new package design and the already announced price increases from April 2013.
    I've been shooting Fuji Pro films for more than 20 years and have never seen a 24 exposure 35mm pro film in the U.K.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sucks, I just bought a Bronica GS-1 with a 220 back; now I can't use it

I never really liked 24-exposure cartridges. I've shot enough of them because they were more easily found, but always preferred 36 - and I just take snapshots.

It's good I can still get Velvia 50 and Pro 400H, and I've always wanted to try Neopan.
    Seeing some things discontinued is sad, but I prefer to see the camera half-full.

(Okay, I know someone will take my Bronica comment seriously. Don't. I am quite capable of sawing the gears in half )
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been shooting Fuji Pro films for more than 20 years and have never seen a 24 exposure 35mm pro film in the U.K.
    Nor do I!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, at least Kodak is still making 220 film. Either that or stock up now on Fuji 220. And prices on remaining films are going up 25%. But at least I can still get Acros in 8x10! Provia and Velvia 8x10 are also going to be produced, but B&H is out of Provia, and they aren't even listing Velvia.

I didn't know that Fuji referred to 120/220 as "Brownie." Bronica and Mamiya in Brownie size...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder why they don't consider Neopan 400 a Pro film. I kind of like the new packaging!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I wonder why they don't consider Neopan 400 a Pro film. I kind of like the new packaging!
    I like it too, and the loss of 24 exposure films is probably going to affect nobody. I've never seen pro film in 24 exposure rolls in the UK ever. In the USA, I bought some Kodak BW400CN in 24 exp though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    I didn't know that Fuji referred to 120/220 as "Brownie." Bronica and Mamiya in Brownie size...
    It's not just Fuji - that's common usage in Japan.

FWIW, the usual story about the origin of the brand name "Bronica" has it as a contraction of "Zenzaburo's Brownie Camera", with Zenzaburo being Zenzaburo Yoshino, founder of the company. IIRC the reflex cameras, at least, were all labeled "Zenza Bronica", which would be consistent with the story.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    IMHO, Fiji consider the Neopan 400 as one of their Pro flims, and the same goes to their Provia 400X. I think in this Fuji's latest anouncement there is some important well hidden message that we shouldn't miss. Why aren't they renewing the packaging design for Presto400 and Provia400X??? I think that's because they are going to discontinue these two lines in the near future, presumably by summer this year, and hence they don't need new package designs for them.....

I think there is a blight side in this announcement, though. Are they renewing the packaging design of films that they are going to discontinue very soon? I don't think so.....

Luno
    Last edited by LunoLuno; 03-07-2013 at 02:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wasn't even aware they sold 220 at all, I wish I could get Provia100f in 220... The issues with 220 is its MORE expensive than 120, or seems to be, if it were a cost savings for buying 220 (even $1 less) I think it would sell more.

Also wonder, can Ilford buy their 220 machines? Simon? Lol

But seriously, I have only seen 220 Portra at B&H :/

Could have used that 220 fuji Provia100f in the grand canyon...

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin