Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,155   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, I've lived in the Northwest my whole life and I've never been inside Glazers, I had no idea that had cases of film like that! Wish I didn't live almost 100 miles from Seattle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Glazers is a great place to wander through; I always leave there a couple of hundred dollars poorer.
    Heh, heh...

My last visit to Glazer's ended with me walking out almost $400 poorer. A 50-sheet box of 11x14 and a 250-sheet box of 8x10 Ilford papers, among too many other things. Visiting the film fridge in back is like making the Pilgrimage of Lourdes. Or arriving at a Disney resort destination.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sr44 View Post
    Wow, I've lived in the Northwest my whole life and I've never been inside Glazers, I had no idea that had cases of film like that! Wish I didn't live almost 100 miles from Seattle.
    100 miles? Thats about 10-15 minutes with the local speed limit.. no? especially if you are going down hill to the city .
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You Americans have no idea how lucky you are

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I avoid Pro Photo, the staff is usually rude to me and the up charge on their film is awful. If I need film locally I go to Blue Moon(only ¢50-$1 up charge over the online retailers, it's actually cheaper for a roll or two if you count shipping). I will however have to make a point of visiting Glazers next time I'm in Seattle.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm sad to hear the decline of service/sales at Pro Photo. For the longest time they were always helpful and had what I needed in stock. Haven't been there in many years.

Blue Moon was always exceptional as well.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sr44 View Post
    I drive through Bellingham on my way to Glazer's .

A trip from home (near Vancouver BC) to Seattle and back makes for a full day for my wife and I, but we usually can find a few other things to do on the way.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been in Washington State twice in the 30+ years I've lived on Vancouver Island. Both times I went to Glazers. Best thing about Seattle. The traffic is one of the worst things about it......shudder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Visiting the film fridge in back is like making the Pilgrimage of Lourdes. Or arriving at a Disney resort destination.

Ken
    For me it's more like visiting a smorgasbord. I'll have some of these, some of those... Ooh, what's that one? Okay, I'll take some of that. I have a hard time keeping my mind on my actual needs when I'm in there.

Damn, now I'm thinking of reasons to get down there Saturday morning...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Film is alive and well in the north west!

I live in the wrong country. Lucky Americans. Canada is missing out. All the camera stores here in Toronto have been pro digital in the last decade with an annually declining stock of film and related accessories. I get all my stuff from the States. The closest thing to these photo stores in the northwest was when I went to The Camera Store in Calgary, Alberta back in 2007. They had such a healthy supply of analog gear (even a few rows of enlargers on display) that I actually felt like I was in a photography store and not a consumer electronics one.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin