Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,300   Online: 1205

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I'm sad to hear the decline of service/sales at Pro Photo. For the longest time they were always helpful and had what I needed in stock. Haven't been there in many years.

Blue Moon was always exceptional as well.
    I was just in Portland's Pro Photo yesterday. Walking by and decided to check in. The cold walk in film room was gone and just a glass front fridge. The only sheet film was 4x5 Tmax 100 or some Fuji color. All the Ilford and Kodak stuff was there though in small quantities. I even saw some Rollei film there for 12 dollars a roll.
    They had most the sizes and surfaces of Ilford paper.
    In the used camera case lots of stuff. Lots of Nikon film cameras and several Leicas. Even a Rollei 3.5 Automat in very nice condition.
    Most the store is dedicated to ink printers and digital cameras and accessories.
    Dennis

DF

David
    Sorry to hear that it's difficult to find the stuff you need, and, being in a big city like Toronto! It's alittle bit like that here in Chicago, but won't get to the point where I'd have to purchase online from say, New York for film & related supplies, but it has gotten scary at some points in time. The film fridge behind the counter at the local Calumet isn't anything like it used to be, but fuller now than I've seen in months. That's true everywhere.
    There must be other film photog's in Toronto who have similer problems, and, if that void could be filled, a new camera store that specializes in film and related supplies.
    Last edited by DF; 03-22-2013 at 01:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I meant this post to go underneith David Nardi's post in response to him is that what "quick reply" is supposed to be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DF View Post
    I meant this post to go underneith David Nardi's post in response to him is that what "quick reply" is supposed to be?
    A Quick Reply gets appended next at the current bottom of the thread. If you wish to reply directly to a post higher up in the thread, select Reply with Quote from that post. Then you can edit the original poster's quote down to only the part you are replying to directly. Just don't modify the essential content or context of their original post. That would be considered bad form.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

DF

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    A Quick Reply gets appended next at the current bottom of the thread. If you wish to reply directly to a post higher up in the thread, select Reply with Quote from that post. Then you can edit the original poster's quote down to only the part you are replying to directly. Just don't modify the essential content or context of their original post. That would be considered bad form.

Ken
    Thanks Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been shopping at Glazer's since I started with photography, in the late 90's. While it's gone from a big walk-in fridge that was like Candyland to what it is now, it's still great for it to be there.

The guys in the film shop still care, and care deeply, about film. It's good to chat with them. Most of them prefer using Ilford over Kodak. They didn't know about 8x10 special orders, or using x-ray film. But they do know about getting an RA-4 line started, the current color kits, and lots of other knowledge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, that walk-in fridge was almost as big as my garage. And a whole lot neater. I always tended to linger there when I visited in August. I sometimes wondered if the staff hid their lunches in there.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin