Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,777   Online: 822

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    People have a really hard time believing that all you need to process E6 is a dishtub with holes in the sides, running sink water, a good thermometer, and E6 chems.

Try it. It's not hard, and you will have better-than-lab results.
    Humm, I did lots of it back when I did it using a dishtub with no holes. What are the holes for anyway? I must have been doing it the hard way!

Of course you also need a tank and reel, and bottles for your chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Humm, I did lots of it back when I did it using a dishtub with no holes. What are the holes for anyway? I must have been doing it the hard way!

Of course you also need a tank and reel, and bottles for your chemicals.
    I'm guessing here but I think the point is to have the proper temp water coming out of the tap, then with holes in the container, you can constantly stream this water in, keeping the temperature stable.

Where do you buy E6 chemicals? Home processing of E6 does way more for cost reduction than b & w.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    People have a really hard time believing that all you need to process E6 is a dishtub with holes in the sides, running sink water, a good thermometer, and E6 chems.

I know it is not too hard but when I shoot 35mm and want mounted slides it is just too easy to pay a lab to do the work and save me the time and effort. With B&W you can alter the developer and technique to get what you want. With E6 all I want is standard development and mounting. As for a good thermometer get a standard oral thermometer from a drug store. They are only a few dollars and are VERY accurate around 100 degrees F. Another thing I have found that works well is a crock pot with a dial temp control. Some of them can hold temp very well when set to the low warm setting. It takes a day of going back and forth with the dial but when you find where to set it just mark that spot and you are set for the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Neither E-6, C-41 or RA-4 is very tough to do but when you are living with a septic tank and a well continuously running water is not the best idea. And if you live where your water is metered and you are charged by the gallons you use you can run up quite a bill that way. I personally use a small aquarium pump to recycle my water from a 20 gallon tub, through a heater, and into my washtub...with just one hole that allows water to recycle back to the 20 gallon tank. That also works quite well and is a touch more conservative.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin