Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,021   Online: 1062

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Must the film be made by Fuji if it's made in Japan, could it be some other company ?
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Must the film be made by Fuji if it's made in Japan, could it be some other company ?
    The cassette design, the plastic tub and the expiry date printing on the box appear similar to Fuji products.

I'm not aware of any other company making color film in Japan, now that Konica has finished? (But it would be wonderful to discover another company still producing quality E6 film. )
    Last edited by railwayman3; 04-18-2013 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I'm not aware of any other company making color film in Japan, now that Konica has finished? (But it would be wonderful to discover another company still producing quality E6 film. )
    This. So the de-facto answer is yes. If it's color film and made in Japan, that means it's made by Fuji (currently.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    - AgfaPhoto Precisa is definitely not Sensia 100; the color rendition and characteristic curve are different.
    Good to know this. I'd love to see a Precisa 400X!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The current Precisa which I have says "Made in Japan" on the box. An older empty box (expiry Sept 2009) which I've just found in my desk drawer says "Made in EU" (in very small letters)....this could be Germany or Belgium presumably?)

A couple of years ago I picked up, in Austria, a roll of Agfa Vista color neg, the Lupus Imaging version, which stated "Made in China".
    Maybe the box was made in Japan.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe the box was made in Japan.
    You're just hoping that there's a tiny factory in someone's shed somewhere still making film which matches the quality of the best E6. (Perhaps they'll knock out a few rolls of Kodachrome when they've a spare moment. )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're just hoping that there's a tiny factory in someone's shed somewhere still making film which matches the quality of the best E6. (Perhaps they'll knock out a few rolls of Kodachrome when they've a spare moment. )
    What was it that it used to say on Agfa film boxes ?, "Made in the Black forest by dwarfs", or something
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fuji Film Price Hike

What was it that it used to say on Agfa film boxes ?, "Made in the Black forest by dwarfs", or something
    Wait did it actually say that? Imagine a professional company with a sense of humor?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak had a sense of humor!

see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxDfcyT92wQ

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Kodak had a sense of humor!

see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxDfcyT92wQ
    That was exceptionally satisfying.

It's a shame I don't want what they're selling, because that one would have sucked me in.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin