Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,021   Online: 1062
      
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55
  1. #41
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,763
    Must the film be made by Fuji if it's made in Japan, could it be some other company ?
    Ben

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Must the film be made by Fuji if it's made in Japan, could it be some other company ?
    The cassette design, the plastic tub and the expiry date printing on the box appear similar to Fuji products.

    I'm not aware of any other company making color film in Japan, now that Konica has finished? (But it would be wonderful to discover another company still producing quality E6 film. )
    Last edited by railwayman3; 04-18-2013 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  3. #43
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I'm not aware of any other company making color film in Japan, now that Konica has finished? (But it would be wonderful to discover another company still producing quality E6 film. )
    This. So the de-facto answer is yes. If it's color film and made in Japan, that means it's made by Fuji (currently.)

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    - AgfaPhoto Precisa is definitely not Sensia 100; the color rendition and characteristic curve are different.
    Good to know this. I'd love to see a Precisa 400X!
    Steve.

  5. #45
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    The current Precisa which I have says "Made in Japan" on the box. An older empty box (expiry Sept 2009) which I've just found in my desk drawer says "Made in EU" (in very small letters)....this could be Germany or Belgium presumably?)

    A couple of years ago I picked up, in Austria, a roll of Agfa Vista color neg, the Lupus Imaging version, which stated "Made in China".
    Maybe the box was made in Japan.
    Ben

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Maybe the box was made in Japan.
    You're just hoping that there's a tiny factory in someone's shed somewhere still making film which matches the quality of the best E6. (Perhaps they'll knock out a few rolls of Kodachrome when they've a spare moment. )

  7. #47
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    You're just hoping that there's a tiny factory in someone's shed somewhere still making film which matches the quality of the best E6. (Perhaps they'll knock out a few rolls of Kodachrome when they've a spare moment. )
    What was it that it used to say on Agfa film boxes ?, "Made in the Black forest by dwarfs", or something
    Ben

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,241
    Images
    225

    Fuji Film Price Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    What was it that it used to say on Agfa film boxes ?, "Made in the Black forest by dwarfs", or something
    Wait did it actually say that? Imagine a professional company with a sense of humor?


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,531
    Kodak had a sense of humor!

    see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxDfcyT92wQ

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Kodak had a sense of humor!

    see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxDfcyT92wQ
    That was exceptionally satisfying.

    It's a shame I don't want what they're selling, because that one would have sucked me in.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin