Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,945   Posts: 1,557,727   Online: 1160

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Kodak had a sense of humor!

see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxDfcyT92wQ
    Oh my god that was hilarious!!!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Kodak had a sense of humor!

see here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zxDfcyT92wQ
    That was awesome!

And it actually sounds like they were way ahead of the game, this was a pre-facebook ad...

So... What happened? I never saw any Kodak that had some of the features they were mentioning ...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    And it actually sounds like they were way ahead of the game...
    They were! They pretty much invented the DSLR as we know it today, they had a full-frame Nikon-mount body years before Nikon did, and you know the Leica Monochrom? Kodak had already been there and done that a full decade before.

I think that's why so many of us are so appalled by Kodak's decades-long spiral: it really didn't have to happen.

Oh, what were we talking about? Fujifilm price hikes? Yep, them Fuji films is sure gettin' 'spensive. Not to make light of others' financial woes, but what can be done.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That was awesome!

And it actually sounds like they were way ahead of the game, this was a pre-facebook ad...

So... What happened? I never saw any Kodak that had some of the features they were mentioning ...
    They had all those features, but the implementation was crap. Anyone who ever made the mistake of buying a Kodak EasyShare will relate - the software was a proprietary, buggy half-arsed hackjob and you still had to plug your camera into a computer (into a special docking device!) to get anything off it and shared. All the other manufacturers just implemented the USB-storage protocol: simpler, more open, more reliable, more portable and no stupid camera drivers required; you could actually download photos from your camera to a friend's computer!

Not to mention that the cameras were overpriced compared to their competition, even ignoring the EasyShare brokenness.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    They had all those features, but the implementation was crap. Anyone who ever made the mistake of buying a Kodak EasyShare will relate - the software was a proprietary, buggy half-arsed hackjob and you still had to plug your camera into a computer (into a special docking device!) to get anything off it and shared. All the other manufacturers just implemented the USB-storage protocol: simpler, more open, more reliable, more portable and no stupid camera drivers required; you could actually download photos from your camera to a friend's computer!

Not to mention that the cameras were overpriced compared to their competition, even ignoring the EasyShare brokenness.
    I would like to see the "identifying grass and making it greener" feature

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin