Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Limited Supply of Fuji 4×5 FP100C available soon

I didn't want to post this in product availability, because it can still be regarded as a rumor I suppose, but here you go:

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013...-america-soon/
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 04-23-2013 at 08:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice news catch...thanks for the post. At least one person here on APUG will be glad to hear this news.
    That poster, (can't remember their name), said at times, they went through a few packs per day on some shoots.
    I would suggest that anyone wanting the last of this Fuji, 4X5 instant pack film...better inquire with the NY stores and pre-order(?).

We can only hope that someone like the 'New 55' or 'Impossible' will try to acquire the Fuji, instant pack, 4X5 equipment.

Marc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    From which Japanese scrap heap? That equipment is long gone. Actually, I bet 75% of the equipment is still in use, producing the current film packs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Depends on the price. You can still purchase FP-100C45 for around $37 a pack in Japan; if they're gonna sell it for much more than that, then it's not worth it (I'm going to Japan in the summer when I plan to stock up). OTOH, if they're gonna sell it for the price that they were going for before the news of its demise, i.e., $25/pack or so, then I'm in line for scores

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The killer with the Japan stuff is that after shipping and currency conversion, etc., the price is basically the same as the US Ebay stuff ($50-70/pk.)

I am still hoarding about a dozen packs at least, currently. (2013 exp. dates). but would love to get more... at the normal $30-35/pack price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Currency conversion is nearly neutralized, now that the Yen dropped from around 78 yen to the dollar to almost 100 yen to the dollar in the last several months. Certainly, shipping will kill the deal for small orders but if you were to order, say, 10 packs, you would probably end up paying around $45 or less per pack. Of course, I don't have to worry about that as I'll be throwing my stash in the checked luggage

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    ...I don't have to worry about that as I'll be throwing my stash in the checked luggage
    True, your worries will only begin after you start shooting the film that got massive doses of x-rays in your checked luggage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the second I saw this, I thought that if there were someone interested in this, he/she would certainly be on APUG ^^

Remains to be seen what B&H and others will push it for.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    True, your worries will only begin after you start shooting the film that got massive doses of x-rays in your checked luggage.
    I've put FP-100C/45 in checked luggage many times; not once were they affected by the X-ray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I've put FP-100C/45 in checked luggage many times; not once were they affected by the X-ray
    May the force be with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin