Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,609   Online: 830

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Agreed.

My favorite* Kodak b&w film is Plus-X. My second favorite is Panatomic-X. And my favorite Kodak color film (and favorite Kodak product of all time) is—what else?—Kodachrome.

I'm ready to buy today...

Ken

* These are lifetime favorites. Since I was a teenager. I'm now nearing retirement...
    Yes, Plus-X my fav by a long shot. So happy I have a nice stock of 120 and bulk 35mm in my freezer.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I think that you will find that Harman's execs/directors had all been with the old Ilford company, and were well experienced in their respective fields.
    This would appear to be the case, given the eventually successful outcome. And the fact that my darkroom is now full of Ilford-branded products.

I always had the feeling with Kodak that a decision was taken to transition to digital technologies. So they started building a bridge from the analog to the digital side of the river. Then, for each two planks Perez had them tear up behind them, he had them lay down one plank in front of them...

It does indeed boil down to executive leadership.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CRhymer View Post
    That is an interesting link to the BJP, but I wonder if the statement at the beginning of paragraph six, "Kodak also expects the deal will enable Kodak's film business to strive." is a real howler or if it is what the author really means.

Cheers,
    Clarence
    Strive is an apt word as it means to compete You might be misinterpreting its meaning.

The most important part is the new company will have backing from those that support it rather than a CEO and board who just milked it and squandered the profits.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let's hope this is the beginning of a great future for Kodak film. Time to buy another brick of Tri-X and go out and shoot plenty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Strive is an apt word as it means to compete You might be misinterpreting its meaning.

The most important part is the new company will have backing from those that support it rather than a CEO and board who just milked it and squandered the profits.

Ian
    You hit the nail square on the head with this one. This will be the difference between thriving and dying.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to say I am getting rather excited at what might now be possible in marketing Kodak films. My gut instinct is that this is a good thing....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I also want to extend a *big* thank you for Kodak continuing in these transitional times to be a sponsor of John Sexton Photography Workshops. I got to participate in "The Expressive Print" workshop that concluded just over a week ago. John's dedication, talent and enthusiasm proved to be one of the best experiences in my 23 year career as a photographer as I watched him print masterfully seen, shot and developed Tmax films onto silver gelatin papers.
    I'd like to second that. I had the pleasure of attending John's other workshop, the "Fine Tuning" one, three weeks ago, and I would also like to thank Kodak for sponsoring it. I have mailed a thank you letter to Rochester, but PKM-25's idea of sharing this with you, Coleen, and with others, is a fine one. Thanks for sharing the Kodak news here.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    Another great way to show support is to buy film
    I believe we have the post of the year, right here! Sean, I think you can lock the forum as nothing else really matters!

Obviously, considering where it was all at 12 months ago, this can only be good news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak are re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic again
    Ben

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Kodak are re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic again
    More like they moved the chairs to the Lusitania.
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin