Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,681   Online: 807
      
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 180
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,382
    Images
    64
    They have taken the business out from under a management structure that was actively trying to kill it and given it new ownership that has a vital interest in its continued viability. It no longer has to support the rotting carcass of an organization that thinks it still belongs in the Dow index. They have removed all the burden of debt and past mistakes. Marketing and Sales professionalism can go a long way to turning a business around and building success. They have a lot of hard work ahead of them, but I am very encouraged that the "right sized" organization for the niche market will finally be able to create itself out of the disaster that it was.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

  2. #102
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,829
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    More like they moved the chairs to the Lusitania.
    No, the Titanic sank because of it'screw's incompetence in not seeing clear and present danger of a hazard in the form of an iceberg, the Lusitania was sunk by an external source beyond it's control when it was torpedoed by a U Boat
    Ben

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    No, the Titanic sank because of it'screw's incompetence in not seeing clear and present danger of a hazard in the form of an iceberg, the Lusitania was sunk by an external source beyond it's control when it was torpedoed by a U Boat
    Exactly. Competent Navigators and Crew, dodging the external forces trying to destroy the ship.
    - Bill Lynch

  4. #104
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,300
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    They have taken the business out from under a management structure that was actively trying to kill it and given it new ownership that has a vital interest in its continued viability. It no longer has to support the rotting carcass of an organization that thinks it still belongs in the Dow index. They have removed all the burden of debt and past mistakes. Marketing and Sales professionalism can go a long way to turning a business around and building success. They have a lot of hard work ahead of them, but I am very encouraged that the "right sized" organization for the niche market will finally be able to create itself out of the disaster that it was.
    It scares me that if they do manage to survive bankruptcy Perez will still crucially control the actual manufacturing of film. How long before poor decision making again results in a new crisis where he again needs to "impress" the analysts on Wall Street? And in his mind perhaps the way to do that will be to again start blowing up film buildings with the media cameras rolling?

    And what if the building he chooses this time is the last Kodak coating line?

    Sounds silly? Just look back at the last five or so years...

    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  5. #105
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,829
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Exactly. Competent Navigators and Crew, dodging the external forces trying to destroy the ship.
    No, the U Boat sank the Lusitania
    Ben

  6. #106
    PDH
    PDH is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    It scares me that if they do manage to survive bankruptcy Perez will still crucially control the actual manufacturing of film. How long before poor decision making again results in a new crisis where he again needs to "impress" the analysts on Wall Street? And in his mind perhaps the way to do that will be to again start blowing up film buildings with the media cameras rolling?

    And what if the building he chooses this time is the last Kodak coating line?

    Sounds silly? Just look back at the last five or so years...

    Ken
    Although we dont know all of the details, from I understand Kodak will not own the plant, the new owners will. I hope new Kodak will be able to maintain quaility and price and expand the product line.

  7. #107
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,300
    Images
    48
    I hope you're right. I really, really do...

    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  8. #108

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The highest state
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    It scares me that if they do manage to survive bankruptcy Perez will still crucially control the actual manufacturing of film. How long before poor decision making again results in a new crisis where he again needs to "impress" the analysts on Wall Street? And in his mind perhaps the way to do that will be to again start blowing up film buildings with the media cameras rolling?

    And what if the building he chooses this time is the last Kodak coating line?

    Sounds silly? Just look back at the last five or so years...

    Ken
    This is still in it's infancy Ken, so the details of who gets to tell whom what Building 38 "charges" KPP for making film is up in the air. I also think it is somewhat sheltered under the MP contracts ( 2015 ) for the moment as that agreement helped to relieve Kodak of some of the rebates owed to the buyers of MP products.

    But yeah, how much influence or power KPP has over EK proper in terms of the actual coating of film products remains to be seen.

    I am optimistic...

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,382
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    It scares me that if they do manage to survive bankruptcy Perez will still crucially control the actual manufacturing of film. How long before poor decision making again results in a new crisis where he again needs to "impress" the analysts on Wall Street? And in his mind perhaps the way to do that will be to again start blowing up film buildings with the media cameras rolling?

    And what if the building he chooses this time is the last Kodak coating line?

    Sounds silly? Just look back at the last five or so years...

    Ken
    Not silly at all. But the purchase agreement must have very solid clauses covering the continued proper operation of the coating machine and building. The UK government pension plan overseers had to approve this transaction, too. I can't imagine both the Pension Plan and the government would let something like that go unnoticed.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

  10. #110
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    23,037
    Images
    65
    Remember the Maine!



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin