Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,406   Online: 1016

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really liked it when Steven Ross, the Chairman of the United Kingdom Kodak Pension Plan, said in that quoted interview, that he was thinking in 20-year cycles. I hope this means focus on a long-term sustainable business, quality product, and, in my dreams, maybe even some cool, Kodak-clever innovation.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    I really liked it when Steven Ross, the Chairman of the United Kingdom Kodak Pension Plan, said in that quoted interview, that he was thinking in 20-year cycles. I hope this means focus on a long-term sustainable business, quality product, and, in my dreams, maybe even some cool, Kodak-clever innovation.
    I think that what happens in the next 18-24 months will steer this course a lot. If both users of Kodak film and sellers Kodak film think out of the box, there is no telling where this can lead so I hope we can really work together on making sure enough people use the products.

I bet marketing has been doing a lot of homework as they wait for the day they actually have a budget to execute some new ideas....I am excited to see what they come up with!
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    For a little perspective: I'm looking at a B&H ad from November 1982.
    Tri-X:
    135-36, $2.19.
    120, $1.75

From the US Consumer Price Index's inflation calculator:

$2.19 in 1982= $5.28 in 2013

$1.75 in 1982= $4.22 in 2013
    Wards Photographic Catalog 1952

35mm 36 ex Plus X $3.86 is now $32.54 a roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No one bought the Kodak film business. The British retirement plan bought the paper business. They have the right to use the Kodak name and trademark.

Kodak operates its film coating business as usual and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Distribution of the film has been sold to a marketing company. So, Kodak film made at Kodak park > Marketing company > us.

Kodak paper ? large finishers in rolls.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    Wards Photographic Catalog 1952

35mm 36 ex Plus X $3.86 is now $32.54 a roll.
    Wow.

In the 1982 B&H ad Plus-X was the same price as Tri-X. $2.19.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    No one bought the Kodak film business. The British retirement plan bought the paper business. They have the right to use the Kodak name and trademark.

Kodak operates its film coating business as usual and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Distribution of the film has been sold to a marketing company. So, Kodak film made at Kodak park > Marketing company > us.

Kodak paper ? large finishers in rolls.

PE
    Ron, are you sure about this? The public release sure reads like the UKPP bought the entire film business, including ownership of the emulsions, while old-Kodak retained ownership of the only place where the films cold be made.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to come into this discussion a bit late (comparatively speaking).

During the past school year, which is just now ending, I came to depend on shooting Portra 400 with my Mamiya 7 to do most of my serious work. I shoot a certain way with my 7 that I don't with any other camera. I make images with it that I don't make with my digital cameras or even just film SLRs. How likely is it that Kodak C41 film is going to go away by the end of this year? I don't really care about B/W film from Kodak, because Ilford is committed to making B/W film and its future is secure for the time being. Color film, however, is super important to me.

To lose Portra would require me to change what and how I shoot, and I hope that doesn't happen.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Ron, are you sure about this? The public release sure reads like the UKPP bought the entire film business, including ownership of the emulsions, while old-Kodak retained ownership of the only place where the films cold be made.

The statements from Kodak PR:
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    Hi Sal - You are correct. All film (still and motion picture) manufacturing will remain with Kodak in Rochester. I don't have any information on the 2nd part of the question - all I can say is what we've said previously (as that has not changed). The lifecycle of film will depend on consumer and professional demand for the products.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    All of our paper manufacturing capability, IP and team around the world will move to the new company. Our consumer and professional film will continue to be made in Kodak’s film factories via a long-term supply agreement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The statements from Kodak PR:
    So it's not good news after all, Perez will sill be milking the film division to pay his salary and bonuses.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    So it's not good news after all, Perez will sill be milking the film division to pay his salary and bonuses.

Ian
    This is sure negative news.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin