Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,320   Online: 1207

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ron
    Do you envision that the plant would ever consider black and white paper in rolls.??

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    As I said earlier, Kodak will continue to make emulsions and coat all current film products in B38 at Kodak Park. Nothing has changed in that regard, and it is stated as such by the EK rep above.

Color paper mfg. goes to the UK people.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

B38 will never, AFAIK, make paper based products. The cleanup is very very expensive due to dust, which film coating does not produce. Nor do I envision the Harrow plant ever making film.

Sal;

The reason I said things are unclear... A few months back, Kodak Rochester announced a marketing agreement for film products. Due to the present announcement, it is currently unclear what kind of arrangement will be made regarding this previous agreement and the current one.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I don't shoot much color anymore, shoot black and white at a ratio of 20/1 but I want Kodak color to stick around in order for those who really want to use it to be able to....see the pattern there? It's not really cool to say you don't care about a film that some of us depend on to earn a living, next time just leave that opinion out, ok?

Portra should be fine for several years as like other Kodak still films, it is riding on the coat tails of the making of motion picture stock which Kodak is under contract to produce through 2015. If that is not good enough for you, I suggest you be responsible to your needs and stock up like many of us do.

As for the new speculation on this thread, I bet it is time for Colleen to weigh in again as thoughts seem to have drifted instead of being patient to wait for the next *Official* statement from Kodak in regards to this latest development.
    If Kodak stops making B/W film, you can switch to Ilford film. If Kodak stops making color film, that's the end of the road. There's nowhere else to go. Obviously I care about Kodak's film production, no matter what the film in question is, but I'm not particularly concerned about what they do with B/W film. Ilford is committed to making their film and is in sound financial condition. As no one else makes C41 film right now, Kodak's color film production is of far greater concern to me. If Fujifilm was still making their 400h film and was committed to it, I wouldn't be as concerned as I am. I'm not really into the particulars of a given film, since they're all great. It's just a matter of having one to use.

I can't really afford to stock up, and certainly not with much at a time. I'm a student, not someone with a lot of money to invest in film. Even if I could stock up, it would be good enough for perhaps one body of work and that's all.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterlight View Post
    If Kodak stops making color film, that's the end of the road. There's nowhere else to go. ... As no one else makes C41 film right now, Kodak's color film production is of far greater concern to me...
    What do you mean by that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    ...A few months back, Kodak Rochester announced a marketing agreement for film products. Due to the present announcement, it is currently unclear what kind of arrangement will be made regarding this previous agreement and the current one...
    Are there any links that describe the earlier announcement? Whatever it said might be just as much history as the previously announced sale to Brother is.

Update: Might you be referring to this post by Fred?

If so, it sounds like the same arrangement.
    Last edited by Sal Santamaura; 05-04-2013 at 03:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    As no one else makes C41 film right now [...] If Fujifilm was still making their 400h film
    Have I missed a major announcement?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji is still making C41, or at least they are still selling it. The one kind of film I CAN buy easily in local stores, even Wal Mart, is Fuji consumer 35mm C41. It's not what many of us want, but it IS C41. If they can make it in 35mm then it's easy enough to make it in other sizes, at least for Fuji. Now whether they would or are, those are other questions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Reala is listed as discontinued by B&H. It stopped being made in 35mm some time ago, and only 120 was left.

I'm not sure what I was thinking about 400h, though. B&H is still selling it, and hopefully Fujifilm is still making it, and will continue to make it. Apologies for the mistaken post a bit earlier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Apologies for the mistaken post a bit earlier.
    Jeez! I damned near had a stroke!

Shooter
    35mm
    Under a less serious illusion General Jack D Ripper sent Slim Pickens over the North Pole to bomb the Soviet Union...cue Vera Lynn against a backdrop of mushroom clouds created by the Soviet Doomsday Machine, singing "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when....

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin