Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,827   Online: 804

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Our consumer and professional film will continue to be made in Kodak’s film factories via a long-term supply agreement.
    Well, there you go then. At least that must mean Kodak still sees some value in it, at least for now.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    35mm
    To clarify, Kodak will MANUFACTURE both motion picture and still film in Rochester. The BUSINESS of still film is part of Personalized Imaging and is part of the spin-off and will be supplied to KPP as part of a long-term supply agreement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    …Will the agreement include terms which guarantee the new PI & DI owning entity that Kodak will continue to supply existing film products for a minimum number of years? If so, how many years?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    …All film (still and motion picture) manufacturing will remain with Kodak in Rochester. I don't have any information on the 2nd part of the question...
    ...Our consumer and professional film will continue to be made in Kodak’s film factories via a long-term supply agreement.
    If you don't have information on how many years Kodak will supply the new entity with film, how can the agreement be characterized as "long term?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Colleen, thank you for the updates. Any news we can get from the manufacturers is much valued.

Maybe you can answer a question I have, does Kodak use that giant Building 38 Rochester coating facility to produce any other (ie non-film/paper) products - maybe for other parties? I don't need to know what, unless they'd like to share, but I feel increased use of that facility is maybe one of the best hopes for longevity of the products we love here.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sal - I should have been more specific in my answer - as I meant I can't give you the detail you requested. I can't say specifically how many years (per your question). What I do know is that it's a long term supply agreement.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Colleen, thank you for the updates. Any news we can get from the manufacturers is much valued.

Maybe you can answer a question I have, does Kodak use that giant Building 38 Rochester coating facility to produce any other (ie non-film/paper) products - maybe for other parties? I don't need to know what, unless they'd like to share, but I feel increased use of that facility is maybe one of the best hopes for longevity of the products we love here.
    I don't know the answer to that question. But I will check.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sal - I should have been more specific in my answer - as I meant I can't give you the detail you requested. I can't say specifically how many years (per your question). What I do know is that it's a long term supply agreement.
    Thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I understand now:

-) the Document Imaging Division (meanwhile electronics only)
    -) the Harrow plant
    -) the business of still film

(all estimated at $650 Million) have been traded in for a debit of $2,8 Billion with that pension fund.

The Rochester film plant will remain in ownership of Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish I could be more optimistic. Did we ever figure out whether or not film generates positive free cash flow? The Fund will be under pressure to monetize assets.

I just hope things turn out the best they can for employees (and Kodak films).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am trying to understand if there are any benefits that might come out of this if Kodak is still going to be owning and operating Building 38 themselves and will not be sending ownership and control to KPP who claims to care more.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin