Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,827   Online: 804
      
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 180
  1. #51
    kb3lms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Reading, PA USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    696
    Images
    5
    Our consumer and professional film will continue to be made in Kodak’s film factories via a long-term supply agreement.
    Well, there you go then. At least that must mean Kodak still sees some value in it, at least for now.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    18
    To clarify, Kodak will MANUFACTURE both motion picture and still film in Rochester. The BUSINESS of still film is part of Personalized Imaging and is part of the spin-off and will be supplied to KPP as part of a long-term supply agreement.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Clemente, California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    …Will the agreement include terms which guarantee the new PI & DI owning entity that Kodak will continue to supply existing film products for a minimum number of years? If so, how many years?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    …All film (still and motion picture) manufacturing will remain with Kodak in Rochester. I don't have any information on the 2nd part of the question...
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    ...Our consumer and professional film will continue to be made in Kodak’s film factories via a long-term supply agreement.
    If you don't have information on how many years Kodak will supply the new entity with film, how can the agreement be characterized as "long term?"

  4. #54
    kb3lms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Reading, PA USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    696
    Images
    5
    Colleen, thank you for the updates. Any news we can get from the manufacturers is much valued.

    Maybe you can answer a question I have, does Kodak use that giant Building 38 Rochester coating facility to produce any other (ie non-film/paper) products - maybe for other parties? I don't need to know what, unless they'd like to share, but I feel increased use of that facility is maybe one of the best hopes for longevity of the products we love here.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    18
    Sal - I should have been more specific in my answer - as I meant I can't give you the detail you requested. I can't say specifically how many years (per your question). What I do know is that it's a long term supply agreement.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Colleen, thank you for the updates. Any news we can get from the manufacturers is much valued.

    Maybe you can answer a question I have, does Kodak use that giant Building 38 Rochester coating facility to produce any other (ie non-film/paper) products - maybe for other parties? I don't need to know what, unless they'd like to share, but I feel increased use of that facility is maybe one of the best hopes for longevity of the products we love here.
    I don't know the answer to that question. But I will check.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Clemente, California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    Sal - I should have been more specific in my answer - as I meant I can't give you the detail you requested. I can't say specifically how many years (per your question). What I do know is that it's a long term supply agreement.
    Thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

  8. #58
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,531
    From what I understand now:

    -) the Document Imaging Division (meanwhile electronics only)
    -) the Harrow plant
    -) the business of still film

    (all estimated at $650 Million) have been traded in for a debit of $2,8 Billion with that pension fund.


    The Rochester film plant will remain in ownership of Kodak.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,629
    I wish I could be more optimistic. Did we ever figure out whether or not film generates positive free cash flow? The Fund will be under pressure to monetize assets.

    I just hope things turn out the best they can for employees (and Kodak films).

  10. #60
    Ektagraphic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southeastern Massachusetts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,717
    Images
    23
    I am trying to understand if there are any benefits that might come out of this if Kodak is still going to be owning and operating Building 38 themselves and will not be sending ownership and control to KPP who claims to care more.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin