Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1009

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You dingbats! An exec never ran a coating machine nor made an emulsion! Get real!

PE
    Things can change! Footnote, there's some great CEOs out there that did start in the mail room or other great success routes (eg Jack Welch comes to mind...), here's a few more...
    http://images.businessweek.com/slide...bootstrap-ceos

Regardless, I've grand hopes for the new leadership. I will write in you in as VP & Chief Film Evangelist, kind of like Google did with Vint Cerf making him Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist
    Vint Cerf, "Father of the Internet":
    http://research.google.com/pubs/author32412.html
    Andy

Shooter
    127 Format
    Jack Welch started this whole mess. No hero there.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Only talking about CEOs background not their actions...
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Think us remaining Kodak-fans need to drop a print in the mail to the new owners as a show of support

I did some Googling and turned up the Kodak UK Pension Board's address, see link below. I think I've a print shot of Tri-X and printed on Ektalure that I gotta send their way, might as well congratulate em and plant a bug in their ear that if they've the time to maybe coat a few boxes or two of Ektalure ever so often...

https://www.hartlinkonline.co.uk/kod...e2676968efcf0a

Colleen, the above link for the new owners?
    Another great way to show support is to buy film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    PE:

But some of those execs actually:

1) know the value of those who run a coating machine or make emulsions;
    2) can get those who run a coating machine or make emulsions the things they need; and
    3) know how to market the results!
    Matt;

Most all of those people are gone due to declining sales. They moved elsewhere or did other things. So, as noted in another post, Harman did this RIF (Reduction In Force) in a more reasonable manner. Seems Kodak has let go the best of the best.

And yes, I agree with you to a point, but when all of your manages are bean counters or those who never new or cared about film, your arguments go out the window.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Matt;

Most all of those people are gone due to declining sales. They moved elsewhere or did other things. So, as noted in another post, Harman did this RIF (Reduction In Force) in a more reasonable manner. Seems Kodak has let go the best of the best.

And yes, I agree with you to a point, but when all of your manages are bean counters or those who never new or cared about film, your arguments go out the window.

PE
    An article that might shed some light. http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...k-pension-plan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    That is an interesting link to the BJP, but I wonder if the statement at the beginning of paragraph six, "Kodak also expects the deal will enable Kodak's film business to strive." is a real howler or if it is what the author really means.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Harman's execs sure did...

Ken
    I think that you will find that Harman's execs/directors had all been with the old Ilford company, and were well experienced in their respective fields. The old UK Ilford company appears to have failed through being loaded with overheads from other non-analog parts of the business, while the buyout stripped the company of these and allowed it to concentrate on its present range of products. These are produced at the same Mobberley plant as before, with, SFAIK, no break in production and no doubt with many of the same staff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    Another great way to show support is to buy film
    Agreed.

My favorite* Kodak b&w film is Plus-X. My second favorite is Panatomic-X. And my favorite Kodak color film (and favorite Kodak product of all time) is—what else?—Kodachrome.

I'm ready to buy today...

Ken

* These are lifetime favorites. Since I was a teenager. I'm now nearing retirement...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FP4+, Pan F+ respectively and...uh...well there's nothing even remotely close to Kodachrome anymore.

And of course those others don't exactly support Kodak. I do love TMY-2 and TXT though.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin