Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,475   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

More Good news: Kodak Turns A Profit This Quarter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does anyone know if selling the film division to their pension plan is good news? It sounds like good news...
    http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...k-pension-plan
    Last edited by whowantstoast; 04-29-2013 at 07:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time will tell if it is a good idea or not. It could be that there is no good idea that will reverse fortunes.

A lot depends on the decisions made, and the resources used to support those decisions.

Hopefully, a year from now, we will all be discussing the day that film "turned the corner".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope Kodak can keep it up.

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The first sentence of the article credits the profit to a sale of its digital imaging patents. I know that in the business world this a perfectly acceptable way of reporting financial information. But to a simpleton like me, this is akin to a traveling salesman selling his car then saying that he made money that month.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    The first sentence of the article credits the profit to a sale of its digital imaging patents. I know that in the business world this a perfectly acceptable way of reporting financial information. But to a simpleton like me, this is akin to a traveling salesman selling his car then saying that he made money that month.
    My thoughts exactly, this is a very short-term one-off occurrence. After the pending sale/transfer of the imaging division they don't have anything left to sell off and only then will we be able to see whether the day-to-day business of what's left of Kodak will be profitable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Recovery takes place a piece at a time.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin