Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1042

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found some interesting information on the U.S. Copyright Office website. I think everyone should have a look at it. You can do electronic registration of collections of work. I am not a lawyer, but what I'm thinking of doing is scanning in work as I create it and doing mass registrations in collections titled 2012, 2013, etc. We really need more awareness about this. I believe normal registration of collections without special handling is $35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    If you have the negatives how can someone else have the copyright without a document proving that the work is orphan or that the copyright was transferred to them?
    They are not "proving" they have the copyright. If a work is in the public domain you can use it without paying royalties. It is up to you to "prove" you have the copyright. None of us is lawyers, but from a reading of the U.S. copyright website you need to register your copyright before mounting a legal action. You may own the copyright but our novice interpretation of the U.S. copyright website leads us to believe without registration you cannot bring a successful legal action.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Everyone, I'm having a bonfire party next week. Bring your own negs!
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin