Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,849   Online: 959

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    sorry, should have been more explicit... what i meant to say, was that there are no decent Digital backs for the hasselblad v system... as in not tethered, with decent battery life, and around the 10,000 dollar mark... which i couldn't afford, but would be more affordable, to some, who don't need autofocus, etc. (h system) Also, instead of keeping up such a system that has a great following, and focusing on that, regardless of it being film... they decide to create the lunar, which is a sony body, covered in hasselblad logos, and sell it for over 10 times it's worth... the people at hasseblad corporation obviously have their head so far up they're ass, that they refuse to listen to the mockery that arose from this body.
    It's fugly too.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post

Anyway, have you seen the Hasselblad LUNAR!!! that's when you know they went off the deep end

http://petapixel.com/2013/05/14/hass...and-plasticky/
    Maybe they will learn from it to not listen to every marketing type who has the brilliant idea of 'leveraging' the name.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

I rember reading an article in the BJP many tears ago (more than a decade) predicting this -
    Yep.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    People attempting to live as photographic artists, working just to get by, can't afford £40,000 cameras. So WHAT is going to happen to the art of photography in 5 to 10 years? A friend of mine has been an amateur painter all her life and has just started attending masterclasses with a notable teacher. First thing he told her - "you NEED to use better materials". Let's just say she was using entry level DSLR quality paints and canvases, but, she has the means to use professional materials without having to remortgage her house. 'Good materials' in photography, pretty soon, won't be accessible to the kinds of people who have made it an art form - i.e. those on modest incomes, who have made a choice to devote their lives to it.

But at least we can look forward to more corporate fashion and advertisements with the H system.
    Interesting...so you are saying that pros like me who have invested that amount not on a self obsoleting H-something but on building a full Hassy film system, LF system, tons of film, paper, chemistry and darkroom hardware are not going to be a part of the art of photography?

So a 501CM, 100 3.5 CF, Delta 100, WT fiber and a Apo enlarging lens are not accessible to those who have carried the cross in the name of art, those with so called, "Modest Incomes"...?

Congrats, this might be one of the most convoluted and out of touch "Art Manifesto's" I have ever read. It's as if you seem to imply that if one can not afford a Hassy digi body then art photography does not have a chance....you do understand how absurd that sounds.....right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We had this topic already some days ago in the medium format sub forum. As far as I know, production had already stopped in 2008 or 2009 (at least that are the newest bodies I have seen so far) and they were selling off stock since then. It´s a real pity but with lots of mint 503cw kits selling on Ebay for half what they cost new this move seemed inevitable in retrospect. I bought a 555ELD recently and wonder why they did not hold on to this promising concept. The motor housing could have easily hold a Li-ion battery that could power the camera and a digital back for 1000s of shots. Then they could have integrated the metering system of the 203FE or 205FCC and asked Zeiss to create some new AF lenses, which they willingful would have done I suppose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    People attempting to live as photographic artists, working just to get by, can't afford £40,000 cameras. So WHAT is going to happen to the art of photography in 5 to 10 years?... 'Good materials' in photography, pretty soon, won't be accessible to the kinds of people who have made it an art form - i.e. those on modest incomes, who have made a choice to devote their lives to it.
    There are lots of cameras out there that are good for much longer than the next 5 to 10 years. If we keep using film cameras then good camera service and repair people can stay in business, and we can continue to use these great machines.

The key to us having 'good materials' is to buy and use film, lots of it. The more it is used, the more there will be available, and the less it will cost.

Shooter
    Holga
    Photography is certainly NOT dead - we are on of the UK's leading suppliers of film - Black + White and Colour 35mm to 10x8. We are also leading second hand photographic suppliers of all equipment also from 35mm to 10x8 - come and talk to us for your Photographic Needs

Mr Cad
    12 Upper Tachbrook Street
    London
    SW1V 1SH

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I aspired to own a Hasselblad for decades. Then I bought an F5. No need for anything else. Affordable glass too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First thing he told her - "you NEED to use better materials". Let's just say she was using entry level DSLR quality paints and canvases, but, she has the means to use professional materials without having to remortgage her house.
    So? The CMOS (film) of a digital camera along with whatever lens you put on it are what take the picture. One entry level Canon DSLR's CMOS is the same as the chip in their $1,000 "prosumer" model. Regardless of tool you use don't get caught up in entry level vs pro labeling. Look at the final prints to make your decision. If you have a 35mm SLR film or digital from one of the major names and a good lens you can make magic happen. If not it's not the camera that has a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know the last time I've heard of anyone buying a V-camera brand new anyway :P. There are so many used cameras on the market that we probably shouldn't worry our pretty little APUG-ger heads over it.

Also the Lunar might be one of the most hideous cameras to ever leave a factory. Viktor is probably turning in his grave :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin