Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 985

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Goodbye V System...

'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Well, classic cameras are dead at Hasselblad, but it's been looking that way for a while.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Trumped again by digital. Again... convienance over quality.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Old news. Production stopped a while ago. Now their stockpile is selling out. They stopped production well after most other camera manufacturers.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    People attempting to live as photographic artists, working just to get by, can't afford £40,000 cameras. So WHAT is going to happen to the art of photography in 5 to 10 years? A friend of mine has been an amateur painter all her life and has just started attending masterclasses with a notable teacher. First thing he told her - "you NEED to use better materials". Let's just say she was using entry level DSLR quality paints and canvases, but, she has the means to use professional materials without having to remortgage her house. 'Good materials' in photography, pretty soon, won't be accessible to the kinds of people who have made it an art form - i.e. those on modest incomes, who have made a choice to devote their lives to it.

But at least we can look forward to more corporate fashion and advertisements with the H system.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Realism is needed.

I rember reading an article in the BJP many tears ago (more than a decade) predicting this - why - because there was a growing surplus of second hand high end film cameras (and lenses).

There are other camera manufacturers who can step in, and also smaller lens manufacturers, but they need to see changes in the market place.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's all my fault.
    first I bought into Topcon; they went out of the 35mm business
    Then I bought into Contax; DOH!
    Don't forget Deardorff!
    Then I bought Hasselblad in Dec..
    I am a one man camera company killer.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well, sorry to be so blunt but there are only idiots running hasselblad... which explains this, instead of trying to come up with a decent back, that they could have adapted to the tens of thousands of v systems out there....

Anyway, have you seen the Hasselblad LUNAR!!! that's when you know they went off the deep end

http://petapixel.com/2013/05/14/hass...and-plasticky/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is nothing wrong with the Hasselblad film backs. The real problem is in your bathroom mirror.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sorry, should have been more explicit... what i meant to say, was that there are no decent Digital backs for the hasselblad v system... as in not tethered, with decent battery life, and around the 10,000 dollar mark... which i couldn't afford, but would be more affordable, to some, who don't need autofocus, etc. (h system) Also, instead of keeping up such a system that has a great following, and focusing on that, regardless of it being film... they decide to create the lunar, which is a sony body, covered in hasselblad logos, and sell it for over 10 times it's worth... the people at hasseblad corporation obviously have their head so far up they're ass, that they refuse to listen to the mockery that arose from this body.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin