Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,797   Online: 802

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The headline "CUP OF CHEER" under that image is an absolute master piece and a clear sign, that the remaining staff at Sun Times is quite unhappy about the sacking of their photo journalists.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a rather stark difference. Badly timed snapshot vs "in the thick of the celebrations". I'd be embarrassed to show anyone that first photo if I'd been responsible for it, and I'm no photojournalist.

At least it wasn't a tall-screen 9:16 format super-wobbly-cam video clip... video is great, but only when it's shot properly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    The headline "CUP OF CHEER" under that image is an absolute master piece and a clear sign, that the remaining staff at Sun Times is quite unhappy about the sacking of their photo journalists.

I suspect the attitude is actually: "Better them than me."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Sun-Times has been in and out of bankruptcy and is essentially trash now. It's garbage, has been for at least a decade. Used to be a great paper. It's not long for this world. The Tribune is a notch above, but miles below the New York Times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the Sun-Times not even buying freelance work? Because there's a lot of people out there who could have taken a better picture than what they ran.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I suspect the attitude is actually: "Better them than me."
    That guy in the image looks like someone who lost at rock/paper/scissors and now has to take out the trash. Putting "CUP OF CHEER" right next to such an image says "F___ Y__, management of Sun Times" more and louder than anything else I have read about this topic. Given that the paper seems to be in dire straits right now such an open form of protest is quite courageous and does IMHO not at all say "Better them than me.". Just look at how many web pages and forums discuss this title page.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    First they came for the photojournalists, and I did not speak out, because I am not a photojournalist.
    And then they came for the book reviewers...

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/b...207b-304641953
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Is the Sun-Times not even buying freelance work? Because there's a lot of people out there who could have taken a better picture than what they ran.
    Yes they are buying freelance, this was last Friday's paper, sorry to mythbust this thread that this paper is using iPhones for all its photojournalism:

I think, they want to make some of their images look "cell phone snapped" on purpose to give an aesthetic.....

If folks like it or not, you could always read the Trib....
    Last edited by zsas; 07-01-2013 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Here is the "cell-phone-aesthetic-pic"
    Andy

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin