Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,446   Online: 1130

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Sun Times will have no problem getting the material that they need for their stories. Since Photo Journalists make up everything from scratch with Photo$hop without the benefit of real photographs, the computer trolls will continue to manufacturer images out of nothing, just as they have been doing for years.

Real photo journalism died years ago.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cheer up! We'll still get lots of professional coverage from the likes of CNN's Eyewitness 'reporters', who can't hold their phones steady when an angry dog comes down the street, let alone a tornado.The Sun Times is, this time, merely its own subject.

The internet is full of such facile crap passing as a business plan. What, you can't remember your McLuhan?

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank for this, I feel it as if you were in the room...

is this what we will become?

Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    My sermon on faith, technology and why we like photographs!? Please read... thanks.

Making a photograph 10 years ago took skill and faith.
    Like a prayer the latent image vibrated in the atomic ether.
    The latent image was formed by the peculiar particle or wave that travels at speed limit of the universe. A photon's ricochet off a baby's cheek then kissing a silver halide ion, changing its atomic vibration.

The latent image, that visual prayer, could hover in the netherworld for hours or decades until it was baptized in the alkaline waters rendering it an incarnate part of the physical world.

As a photographer or portrait maker, I often felt like a priest at a funeral mass.
    I felt as if I were committing a person's incarnate image to "the ages".
    One, two, perhaps a dozen exposures, or contemplations were made and committed to the atomic ether, the latent image, that visual prayer.

Perhaps I am waxing poetic?
    I say I feel like Nik Wallenda must, being forced to use a safety net.
    I used to render an entire families' celebration to the atomic ether.

I had faith, I had faith in the physics, the alkaline waters that after a couple nights' sleep I could resurrect the images back to the physical world. I was a magician, a wizard, great photographers were just that.

Someone pulled the curtain back, and rendered my darkened sanctuary obsolete, a curiosity of the past. Photons are now converted to digital representations, the transistor and binary programing though complex are now easy and magical in their near fretless use.

In our far off post apocalyptic future, I see a youngster picking up a shoe box of stuff. Discarding a hard-drive or using it as a hammer or mirror, then holding up a negative, slide or fading, but still all too real print, perhaps enshrining it, like we enshrine a cave painting or the relics of a saint.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I guess the fact that the video accomplishing that article started automatically whilst I was reading, sums up the whole situation...
    The irony is the article in the OP's post about the Sun Times was written by The Tribune, the competitor to the Sun Times...

Nothing like this is ever good for anyone's community....I hope those affected can go to the Trib, freelance back to the Sun Times and pay the bills
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I blame Rupert...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Their advertisers want video, not the readers. It will end up biting them on the butt in the very short time.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The Sun Times will have no problem getting the material that they need for their stories. Since Photo Journalists make up everything from scratch with Photo$hop without the benefit of real photographs, the computer trolls will continue to manufacturer images out of nothing, just as they have been doing for years.

Real photo journalism died years ago.
    amen, brother. I remember Farina on the Our Gang shorts, saying "you said a mowwwwth--full."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    vpwphoto, I like your latent imagery there.. That's what we're all about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Rust View Post
    vpwphoto, I like your latent imagery there.. That's what we're all about.
    Thanks so much... it had been formed in my mind for a year... something made me put it to "digital paper" yesterday. Then the news today. I submitted it to The Indianapolis star yesterday, may be published tomorrow.

Now back to writing that country music song with the killer hook I came up with 2 years ago.

Thanks again...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin