Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,694   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Might be another of those things like HC-110 recently where the size or packaging, and thus the catalog number, was changing and therefore the retailers needed to order using new and different cat. #s.
    Very true, let's hope so!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Acros is a beautiful film with superb (lack of) reciprocity failure characteristics, but I can get by just fine with FP4+ (since my beloved Plus-X and APX 100 are gone - yes I know you can get APX 100 in 35mm in Europe, but I shoot little 35mm black and white anyway, almost all 120 and 4x5.)

I've never shot Neopan 400. Between HP5+, Delta 400, Tri-X, TMY-2, and even XP 2 Super we have plenty of choices of 400 speed black and white films though I'm sure Neopan 400 is a great film.

But Provia 400X - we must save this film. The last remaining E6 film faster than 100, and a great film it is too. If you can live with the grain, it's almost an alternative to Astia/E100G in having somewhat subdued contrast compared to Provia 100. I like it a LOT.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 06-11-2013 at 08:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Acros is a beautiful film with superb (lack of) reciprocity failure characteristics, but I can get by just fine with FP4+ (since my beloved Plus-X and APX 100 are gone - yes I know you can get APX 100 in 35mm in Europe, but I shoot little 35mm black and white anyway, almost all 120 and 4x5.)

I've never shot Neopan 400. Between HP5+, Delta 400, Tri-X, TMY-2, and even XP 2 Super we have plenty of choices of 400 speed black and white films though I'm sure Neopan 400 is a great film.

But Provia 400X - we must save this film. The last remaining E6 film faster than 100, and a great film it is too. If you can live with the grain, it's almost an alternative to Astia/E100G in having somewhat subdued contrast compared to Provia 100. I like it a LOT.
    I bought a pro pack of it recently with the announcement of it's demise, so I hope it's as good as you say, I'm still not sure what situations to use it in, but I want it to be used properly, so I'm waiting to find out, don't worry it's stored well and will be used well

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I bought a pro pack of it recently with the announcement of it's demise, so I hope it's as good as you say, I'm still not sure what situations to use it in, but I want it to be used properly, so I'm waiting to find out, don't worry it's stored well and will be used well
    It's good. Bear in mind it's grainy compared to a 100 slide film or compared to print film (but amazing compared to older previously available 400 slide films) and gets grainier with under exposure so exposing correctly is even more important than with other slide film. But I like it a lot. See the photo of my wife from our honeymoon on my Flickr page. I would embed it but would have to go find it from my iPhone right now and don't have time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelthomas View Post
    Hello,
    First time post here, so be easy if it's in the wrong section

I was speaking to a Camera shop in Sydney Australia, who happen to sell alot of film - They said that Fuji emailed them yesterday and said that Provia 400X (all formats), Acros 100 (all formats) & Neopan 400 would no longer be available for order (or to stock even) - Now I know Australia has some different Emulsions available than other Regions (we are still getting plenty of Reala 100 [120mm] that seems to be "discontinued" everywhere else)

I've read mixed rumours around the net about Neopan 400 (35mm) having it's last batch made lately & am worried about Acros being the same.

Anyone have anymore info? I have just discovered the greatness of Fuji B&W Films
    It's not "120 mm", the film is 60mm wide, 120 is a number for type of roll film, not a measurement.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It's good. Bear in mind it's grainy compared to a 100 slide film or compared to print film (but amazing compared to older previously available 400 slide films) and gets grainier with under exposure so exposing correctly is even more important than with other slide film. But I like it a lot. See the photo of my wife from our honeymoon on my Flickr page. I would embed it but would have to go find it from my iPhone right now and don't have time.
    Yea I've already fallen in love with it, haha too bad it's over already for me, wish I could find some 120...

I've discovered I can make Kodak XX look similar to Neopan400 enough that for 35mm I'm covered, but still searching for the perfect medium speed 120 film.

I'm also sort of on to 4x5 film now and all the films I like in 120 or 35mm aren't available in 4x5 except HP5+ and Acros100.

Acros is expensive and HP5+ isn't perfect, but it is what it is. Does FP4+ push to 200 well?

Not sure I want to go delta...

Why are all the good films the ones that are always discontinued or too expensive...

Why is Acros in 4x5 so expensive when 120 is dirt cheap? Anyone know?

Did they make Neopan400 in 4x5 ever?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why can't you find it in 120? It shows still on stock at B&H and you're in New York. Just head on over!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Why can't you find it in 120? It shows still on stock at B&H and you're in New York. Just head on over!
    Not everyone has the money to "stock up" and so it's more about a sustainable future use, the upset is that it won't be available much longer.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Not everyone has the money to "stock up" and so it's more about a sustainable future use, the upset is that it won't be available much longer.

I understand about stocking up, and this is expensive film. I'm thinking of buying about $200 worth, and that will only be 10 rolls of 35mm and 5 of 120.

But it's not fair to say "wish I could find some 120" when it's easy to find for now. If you want it, it's there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin