Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,280   Online: 819

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Fujifilm Acros 100, Neopan 400 & Provia 400X availability

Hello,
    First time post here, so be easy if it's in the wrong section

I was speaking to a Camera shop in Sydney Australia, who happen to sell alot of film - They said that Fuji emailed them yesterday and said that Provia 400X (all formats), Acros 100 (all formats) & Neopan 400 would no longer be available for order (or to stock even) - Now I know Australia has some different Emulsions available than other Regions (we are still getting plenty of Reala 100 [120mm] that seems to be "discontinued" everywhere else)

I've read mixed rumours around the net about Neopan 400 (35mm) having it's last batch made lately & am worried about Acros being the same.

Anyone have anymore info? I have just discovered the greatness of Fuji B&W Films

Shooter
    35mm
    Here we go again. A camera shop assistant apparently announcing the end of not just a film but several, in Australia, in the world or simply to that shop?

Ask to see the e-mail. It seems like only yesterday that an APUGer from Germany had a conversation with a Fuji rep at a photo show( Photokina?) who told him that Neopan 400 was being produced again.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Here we go again. A camera shop assistant apparently announcing the end of not just a film but several, in Australia, in the world or simply to that shop?

Ask to see the e-mail. It seems like only yesterday that an APUGer from Germany had a conversation with a Fuji rep at a photo show( Photokina?) who told him that Neopan 400 was being produced again.

pentaxuser
    My thoughts exactly.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    In that part of the world it's sold as ACROS-U, which is short for ACROS-upside-down. It the southern hemisphere version. That's why I use a
    view camera in the first place. The image is always correctly upside-down, even with ordinary ACROS.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format

pentaxuser
    It certainly is ! http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/films...00-135-36.html

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aussie retailers seem (well the ones I talk to anyway) to be in the 'The end is nigh' camp. I was told that no Xtol & Dektol are finished, supplies depleted (worldwide) and never being produced again... Turns out that Dektol just isn't being shipped to Aus for the time being... Like the other guys said, take it all with a pinch of salt unless you see evidence.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I find it tragically ironic that in one of the most beautiful places to photograph in the world is the hardest to get film in.. Doesn't quite make sense..

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always take news like that with a grain of salt.
    Sometimes I'll go to one of the "big box" hardware stores to get some plumbing supplies or a shovel that will last more than two seasons, and am told by the staff that I can't get the quality hardware or metal parts anymore - no one makes them. Most of the the time the sales people honestly believe it So then I go to our local independent hardware store and find what I want.

I rarely believe anything I hear.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm

pentaxuser
    They did show me an email, it says these items are "do not reorder" and they would not be supplying the stock anymore, On the Official Fuji Pricelist Excel Data they were sent.
    I'm not saying this is Final or Worldwide - But this same thing has happened with Pro 160S, Pro 160C, Pro 800Z, T64, Sensia, Astia etc etc (in Australia) the List goes on, and they have not returned

Just wanted to see if anyone had seen anything else, and for all of our sakes I hope they continue to sell it in other regions

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelthomas View Post
    They did show me an email, it says these items are "do not reorder" and they would not be supplying the stock anymore, On the Official Fuji Pricelist Excel Data they were sent.
    I'm not saying this is Final or Worldwide - But this same thing has happened with Pro 160S, Pro 160C, Pro 800Z, T64, Sensia, Astia etc etc (in Australia) the List goes on, and they have not returned

Just wanted to see if anyone had seen anything else, and for all of our sakes I hope they continue to sell it in other regions
    Might be another of those things like HC-110 recently where the size or packaging, and thus the catalog number, was changing and therefore the retailers needed to order using new and different cat. #s.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin