Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,506   Online: 859

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak to End Manufacture of Acetate Base....

Not sure what to make of this given all the positive news for Kodak film lately, but at least there is clear mention that Kodak is still making film and at the end of the video Bob Shanebrook is quoted as saying that outsourcing base material should not affect the quality or price of the prodcuts:

http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=394722
    Last edited by PKM-25; 06-12-2013 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, it seems Bob has posted this in another forum subsection, feel free to delete mods if you feel applicable...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the only thing we can rest assured that Kodak will continue doing is selling low-quality consumer inkjet printers. I'm sure Steinway has also lost market share to digital, but they haven't lost their identity and cut the throats of the artists that built their careers on their products. At least they realize that in the end, no matter how many Steinway-branded units they sell, nobody will buy tickets to hear a concert pianist play a Casio keyboard from Walmart and they will never sell as many keyboards as Casio. If you asked me 20 years ago what Hewlett-Packard makes, the answer would have been "the best high-tech electronic equipment in the world." Thanks to people like Carly Fiorina, the answer is "junk computers and printers." Kodak has decided to follow that business model. What surprises me is how I know this and others know this, yet we keep feeding the monster until it discontinues its appetite for our money. I didn't make the choice to go Ilford - some MBA yuppie in Rochester made it for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As mentioned, this was posted in another thread, so I'll close this one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin