Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,922   Posts: 1,522,101   Online: 781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    they include land line phones as "obsolete," but then note that more than 60 percent of homes have one.

Uh -- 60 percent of something is a MAJORITY and, thus, not obsolete.

I love these idiot stories that have an ax to grind. If the reporter doesn't have something any more, it must be obsolete.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it ain't broke, why fix it? New isn't always better. I'm work in IT at a university and I've seen many faculty break their computer by upgrading their OS without consulting an expert. One upgraded from Mac OS Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. All her apps that required Rossetta broke. Oops. Guess what? Slide lectures don't crash. PowerPoint presentations do.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Slide lectures don't crash. PowerPoint presentations do.
    Now I'm remembering a specific maths lecturer from Uni, he'd write everything all over 3 huge chalkboards, when he got to the end (about 3-4 times in a lecture), he'd rub the whole lot out with the sleeve of his jumper and write over the top. He'd also have an overhead-projector with only a few transparent pages, he'd write on them with white-board marker and rub them out and re-use them too. Problem was, all the chalk-dust from his sleeves would fall all over the transarencies as he wrote. He couldn't see the specks looking at the transparency itself, but they combined with the rub-out smudges to form a black haze over the projected screen which we could barely read.
    A few years later my Uni implemented a "lecture slides me be placed online after each lecture, preferably before" policy, in conjunction with making a Podcast of each (mainly it was intended to help the disabled who couldn't attend or take notes fast enough, but it mostly benefited the lazy like me).
    I wondered what would happen to that lecturer being forced to use PowerPoint. Something tells me he'd find a way to smudge that and make it all unintelligible too...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Slide lectures don't crash. PowerPoint presentations do.
    It's quite a bit more theatrical when someone trips while delivering a tray to the projector!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Considering that digital images appear instantly, you can edit and share them online or print them an infinite number of times without losing quality, there’s little reason to use an old-fashioned film camera."

Seriously don't listen to these idiots. They know nothing but that which their corporate masters and vapid friends tell them to buy. I cannot even begin where to start on these tech-people who just follow all things new and digital. But I can tell you this: they're usually boring and cerebral as f*ck!
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An article ridiculing things "obsolete" where the author then uses the term "getting jiggy".

Oh, the irony
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All y'all need thicker skin.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought thicker skin was obsolete?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is obsolete. The thin skin people hire lawyers.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    XYZ, obsolete?!
    NEVER there are still 10 people doing it ..
    and they have to source the chemicals
    from auto parts stores, fertilizer distributers
    battery manufacturers
    and scour landfills

LOL
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin