Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,411   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't get me started.. Film cameras are still working after many years of use. Try that with a digital camera. "Convienance over quality" thats our society mission statement. To create fake un-realitic photos.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    "Considering that digital images appear instantly, you can edit and share them online or print them an infinite number of times without losing quality, there’s little reason to use an old-fashioned film camera."

Seriously don't listen to these idiots. They know nothing but that which their corporate masters and vapid friends tell them to buy. I cannot even begin where to start on these tech-people who just follow all things new and digital. But I can tell you this: they're usually boring and cerebral as f*ck!
    When I read stuff like your quote above, I always wonder: Why is it good that something is fast and convenient?
    It just seems to teach people to be in a freaking hurry with everything they do.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    When I read stuff like your quote above, I always wonder: Why is it good that something is fast and convenient?
    It just seems to teach people to be in a freaking hurry with everything they do.
    This is a serious and expanding flaw in our current culture. I often have had cash register operators, counter clerks, etc. apologize profusely for a short delay that I didn't even notice and thank me for my patience, merely because I didn't complain about something that didn't bother me. This is happening more and more frequently all the time.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Don't get me started.. Film cameras are still working after many years of use. Try that with a digital camera. "Convienance over quality" thats our society mission statement. To create fake un-realitic photos.

ToddB
    I sometimes console myself with the thought Todd that my twenty five year old Canon F1's, that you can pound steel tent pegs into permafrost with, will still be capable of shooting picture when the majority of current digital SLR cameras are inhabiting the land fill .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    I suffer from Yahoo "news" and it is a bottom-feeder staffed by people why cannot write, do not have a clue what news actually is and should not be allowed access to crayons.
    True dat! But what do you expect from a bunch of Yahoos?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Saw the article earlier this week. What a nice bit of the jokes on them. Wonderful. Don't we love the fellows who have to buy the new, endure the instant 50% loss of value and are happy for a few minutes. I just bought an new dot matrix printer.. was tired of $100 per set of ink cartridges on a printer that magically has an undocumented feature. It uses all colors to print in black and white. And if one cartridge is low it will not print at all. My wired phone works after severe storms when the cell towers are iced up and the power is out. And I pay no digital rights for my vinyl and tape music. I bought it and it is mine all the time. Old Obsolete.. makes the long lived cast offs plentiful and inexpensive. Saddens me that someone employes one so ill advised about life and happiness to offer opinions. (Opinion def. Less well held than full knowledge). Then again we knew that when we read it didn't we. I am not only obsolete but redundant as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin