Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,866   Online: 838

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Ilford Imaging director stated that they had great hopes on a new product for agricultural use which is ready for production. However a change on the single-client side took place together with "trade issues".

The judge gave Ilford time until mid-august to come up with a new investor, something Ilford considers up to year for.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

management buy-out

Theses days, the same time that the employees are still awaiting their july wages and were already told to seek new jobs, two managers of Ilford and a third party bought their plant from Paradigm Investers.

Nevertheless the plant still has to face bancruptcy decision by court next week. The buy is depicted as a time winning means to enable further search for an investor. Without whom the succession of the plant will not be possible.

Interesting is that the third partner is the owner of the property itself. This shows the complicated legal situation and the lack of assets at Ilford.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-15-2013 at 09:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess after Oji sold it to them, the Investers didn't have the right Paradigm!
    Last edited by lxdude; 08-15-2013 at 01:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meanwhile

-) the court decision has been postponed to mid of the month

-) half of the employees are regarded as redundant and will have got the notice by now on the basis of a social programme

-) new money is expected from selling part of the property for housing and from a new, japanese, investor

-) the plant will be restructured (The morsels I got to know so far do not hint at halide film and paper though.)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

no case of insolvency

Yesterday the judge decided not to open/proceed a insolvency case. As the company seems sound enough to go on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anybody in photography really care one way or the other?

They already axed Ilfochrome and, from what I hear anyway, their ink jet papers are not particular favorites of folks using that output method. So excuse me for the very obvious, but who cares and why should we?

Now if they'd bring back Ilfochrome, with better QC than it was said to have at the end there, and a better price, and better distribution....and then I woke up.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they produce silver gelatin anything at all - I don't care what the product - then I care, regardless if I use their product.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Does anybody in photography really care one way or the other?
    You might not know:
    They offer the highest gloss RA-4 reflective print material. This is unique.

Furthermore, the future of halide photography depends on the industry. So far enterprises as Adox etc. are dependant on products or services of such larger companies.

Yes. I care.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford Gold Fiber Silk inkjet paper is beautiful. The best semi gloss paper on the market in my opinion. For those of us who do both wet and dry printing it would be a huge loss for this paper to go away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok. You're right, I had forgotten about the high gloss RA4. That would be a loss.

Ink jet paper, well I'm sure it's good but there's no shortage of ink jet papers. Analog folks lose favorites with distressing regularity.

Anyway, I wish them well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin