Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,858   Posts: 1,583,116   Online: 955

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know what is in the bleach, yes. I don't know the exact proportions. I also know less suitable substitute chemicals that require much more tinkering to balance the curve shape.

However, to answer AgX, I think any responsible person formerly or currently with an insolvent company has a moral responsibility to help out floundering former customers who need to use up their existing (and expensive) stocks of paper without having their investment spoil on them!!!1

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beware of the legal issues.

Ilford Imaging is still in existance legally.

Any patent on the processing bath would not be valid by now, but any secrecy imposed on former employees would still be valid. There may be a moral obligation. But in charge know is someone obliged not to customers, but to creditors.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    by the way: in post #45 it must be creditors...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I know what is in the bleach, yes. I don't know the exact proportions. I also know less suitable substitute chemicals that require much more tinkering to balance the curve shape.

However, to answer AgX, I think any responsible person formerly or currently with an insolvent company has a moral responsibility to help out floundering former customers who need to use up their existing (and expensive) stocks of paper without having their investment spoil on them!!!1

PE
    Ron:

Are you too looking for the "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon.

I wonder what a Swiss barn might look like.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I wonder what a Swiss barn might look like.
    Maybe like dollar signs, if all the cards dealt out correctly?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surely an NDA has expired for someone! Or with a bankrupt company someone has a shred of morals. You see, the patents have just about all expired. In fact, IIRC, they have ALL expired, or are well known (and ignored) and are of NO MEANING WHATSOEVER. The emphasis is to show that Ilford Cibachrome had no competitors and was thus a Monopoly. If the law is true to this, then they are bound to release the formulas. Don't you think?

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    NDAs do not expire, they normally only have one escape clause

'except with written permission from the company secretary' a UK term for a incorporated company officer.

a company secret NDA might omit that clause.

so when a company folds lots of unpublished IPR dissapears except written or computer material. I've known a company that 'lost' the process computer disc cause it was too secret to archive - normally.

Many companies firewall information like a torn up pirate treasure map to prevent one person collecting a joining present from a competitor...

So when a whole team is made redundant unless the whole team stays together they cannot easily 'find the treasure', unless they take their note books with them they will need to rely on memory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Ilford has successfully confused the entire world of photography with their split identity crisis.that just cannot be good for business,If you buy something Ilford these days ,it could come from any number of places.phew... makes me dizzy.
    It's even worse with Kodak, and similar with Agfa, and what about Polaroid where the name's still in use on all sorts of products.

There's a widely held perspective (outside of those of us still using film) that Kodak, Ilford, Agfa etc have all gone bankrupt and stopped making film. It's not hel[ed in the UK by Jessops the monopolistic photography chain ceasing trading last year, although a few stores dis start again.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilfochrome formulae are an asset which could be sold to a third party so they aren't likely to be published. However a number of alternative formulae have been published in the past allowing people to make up their own chemistry.

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The emphasis is to show that Ilford Cibachrome had no competitors and was thus a Monopoly. If the law is true to this, then they are bound to release the formulas. Don't you think?
    Which law? The US have a history of monopoly legislation and jurisdiction. Europe evolved such later and in different form. It is swiss law that applies in this case and that may be different.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin