Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,218   Online: 954
      
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 297
  1. #101
    Prest_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    523
    Great news.
    I can guess cine people will be happy as they can fill the niche left by ektachrome for reversal MP, S8 and 16mm.

    Oh, and let's see what improvements to the original Scotchrome are brought.

  2. #102
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,885
    Images
    222
    I noticed they said "for printing on reversal papers" as well in the documentation. Do you think they are planning to come out with print paper for this?


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  3. #103
    Prest_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I noticed they said "for printing on reversal papers" as well in the documentation. Do you think they are planning to come out with print paper for this?

    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Notice they posted "just for reference" the tech sheet.
    The RMS of 13 called my attention; Higher than RSX200 (12) and Provia 400X (11). Not a criticism, just something curious and interpreting things by numbers can be a no-no, in the pub they base it as "diffuse granularity".

    Positioning a new Pos-Pos printing paper/process seems tough; Also, not on their roadmap.

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,419
    They need sensible pricing.
    - Bill Lynch

  5. #105
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,885
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    Notice they posted "just for reference" the tech sheet.
    The RMS of 13 called my attention; Higher than RSX200 (12) and Provia 400X (11). Not a criticism, just something curious and interpreting things by numbers can be a no-no, in the pub they base it as "diffuse granularity".

    Positioning a new Pos-Pos printing paper/process seems tough; Also, not on their roadmap.
    Gotcha,

    Thanks, well ill keep scanning then...


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    647
    Images
    11
    And I'll keep projecting...

  7. #107
    cmacd123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stittsville, Ontario
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I noticed they said "for printing on reversal papers" as well in the documentation.
    That data sheet was issued in 2000 - thirteen years ago. Back then there WERE reversal Colour papers. Printing commercially these days is generally by methods we don't think about on APUG, and Positive or Negative is just the flip of a button.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

  8. #108
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    That data sheet was issued in 2000 - thirteen years ago. Back then there WERE reversal Colour papers. Printing commercially these days is generally by methods we don't think about on APUG, and Positive or Negative is just the flip of a button.
    "Are forbidden to talk about" not "don't think about." At least I personally don't obey thought police.

  9. #109
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,885
    Images
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    "Are forbidden to talk about" not "don't think about." At least I personally don't obey thought police.
    Agreed, stay out of my head!!

    Also, the Positive IS the end product, the print isn't... so technically, once you've developed the transparency, any "hybrid" work is ok according to the APUG rules ...so scanning your transparency to print it is A-OK especially since NEW papers/chems aren't being made... hehe, I should have been a lawyer...

    Also I didn't notice that date, I thought this was the NEW version, but I guess it's the old one they are basing it off of but still have made improvements to this one.. ?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  10. #110
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,559
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Agreed, stay out of my head!!

    Also, the Positive IS the end product, the print isn't... so technically, once you've developed the transparency, any "hybrid" work is ok according to the APUG rules ...so scanning your transparency to print it is A-OK especially since NEW papers/chems aren't being made... hehe, I should have been a lawyer...
    One word. Internegative.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin