Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,618   Online: 1062

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Great news.
    I can guess cine people will be happy as they can fill the niche left by ektachrome for reversal MP, S8 and 16mm.

Oh, and let's see what improvements to the original Scotchrome are brought.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I noticed they said "for printing on reversal papers" as well in the documentation. Do you think they are planning to come out with print paper for this?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I noticed they said "for printing on reversal papers" as well in the documentation. Do you think they are planning to come out with print paper for this?

Notice they posted "just for reference" the tech sheet.
    The RMS of 13 called my attention; Higher than RSX200 (12) and Provia 400X (11). Not a criticism, just something curious and interpreting things by numbers can be a no-no, in the pub they base it as "diffuse granularity".

Positioning a new Pos-Pos printing paper/process seems tough; Also, not on their roadmap.

Shooter
    127 Format
    They need sensible pricing.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    Notice they posted "just for reference" the tech sheet.
    The RMS of 13 called my attention; Higher than RSX200 (12) and Provia 400X (11). Not a criticism, just something curious and interpreting things by numbers can be a no-no, in the pub they base it as "diffuse granularity".

Positioning a new Pos-Pos printing paper/process seems tough; Also, not on their roadmap.
    Gotcha,

Thanks, well ill keep scanning then...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I'll keep projecting...

Shooter
    35mm
    I noticed they said "for printing on reversal papers" as well in the documentation.
    That data sheet was issued in 2000 - thirteen years ago. Back then there WERE reversal Colour papers. Printing commercially these days is generally by methods we don't think about on APUG, and Positive or Negative is just the flip of a button.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    That data sheet was issued in 2000 - thirteen years ago. Back then there WERE reversal Colour papers. Printing commercially these days is generally by methods we don't think about on APUG, and Positive or Negative is just the flip of a button.
    "Are forbidden to talk about" not "don't think about." At least I personally don't obey thought police.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    "Are forbidden to talk about" not "don't think about." At least I personally don't obey thought police.
    Agreed, stay out of my head!!

Also, the Positive IS the end product, the print isn't... so technically, once you've developed the transparency, any "hybrid" work is ok according to the APUG rules ...so scanning your transparency to print it is A-OK especially since NEW papers/chems aren't being made... hehe, I should have been a lawyer...

Also I didn't notice that date, I thought this was the NEW version, but I guess it's the old one they are basing it off of but still have made improvements to this one.. ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed, stay out of my head!!

Also, the Positive IS the end product, the print isn't... so technically, once you've developed the transparency, any "hybrid" work is ok according to the APUG rules ...so scanning your transparency to print it is A-OK especially since NEW papers/chems aren't being made... hehe, I should have been a lawyer...
    One word. Internegative.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin