Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,807   Online: 1041

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    One word. Internegative.
    That's still not the final product, the final project is the transparency.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    True dat. Though most transparencies made by professionals were made with the intention of a printed final output, so I would say that the definition of "final" is debatable. I would rather call the transparency the completed product.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One word. Internegative.
    It's certainly POSSIBLE, and has advantages and some people are doing it. But the challenges and learning curve are certainly more than Ilfochrome or Type R were and more than scanning and printing, at least for anyone who already knows the basis of scanning, post manipulating and printing anything.

Shooter
    35mm
    There's an interview in Japancamerahunter:
    http://www.japancamerahunter.com/201...ive-interview/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    It's certainly POSSIBLE, and has advantages and some people are doing it. But the challenges and learning curve are certainly more than Ilfochrome or Type R were and more than scanning and printing, at least for anyone who already knows the basis of scanning, post manipulating and printing anything.
    I never did my own color printing, but my printer in the 70's and 80's preferred internegatives to having to contrast mask Cibachrome, and neither of us really liked the type R of that time. His 35mm internegatives of 35mm slides lost some detail, but medium format internegatives held up very well. One of the issues he had with Cibachrome was the loss of delicate color, for example faint pinks that would go white. I don't know if things got better since then, as I stopped getting prints from slides, preferring to just project.
    I did love some Cibachromes I had made, but others were just more intense than what I wanted. That is, it sort of amped up softer images.

Anyway, without type R or Ilfochrome, internegatives are still a viable method to print slides if scanning is not desired.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    There's an interview in Japancamerahunter:
    http://www.japancamerahunter.com/201...ive-interview/
    I like that at the end he mentioned his personal favorite for reversal 127 agreed!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never did my own color printing, but my printer in the 70's and 80's preferred internegatives to having to contrast mask Cibachrome, and neither of us really liked the type R of that time. His 35mm internegatives of 35mm slides lost some detail, but medium format internegatives held up very well. One of the issues he had with Cibachrome was the loss of delicate color, for example faint pinks that would go white. I don't know if things got better since then, as I stopped getting prints from slides, preferring to just project.
    I did love some Cibachromes I had made, but others were just more intense than what I wanted. That is, it sort of amped up softer images.

Anyway, without type R or Ilfochrome, internegatives are still a viable method to print slides if scanning is not desired.
    Internegatives are certainly viable. My point was that successfully making them and printing from them can be more difficult.

I'm not sure it's THAT difficult though. I've thought about picking up an old slide duplicator and using it to shoot dupes of slides on neg film. But there are color balance issues, color temperature issues with your light source (both needing filtration) and you pick up contrast, for which I think some people preflash the film and... yeah, not nearly as simple as Ilfochrome (or type R for that matter.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This will be very interesting to follow. I wonder what the pricing will be. Did Ferrania ever make papers?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    This will be very interesting to follow. I wonder what the pricing will be. Did Ferrania ever make papers?
    I've a few old B&W prints (probably 1950's) on paper with the Ferrania logo printed on the back. No idea what kind of paper or the original source of the prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Yes, they did. I have a package of Ferrania Algol - all severely fogged, unfortunately
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ferrania_Algol.jpg  
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin