Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,417   Online: 790

Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021222666116 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone, thanks for the offer on the $90 per box direct from Japan thing. I'll keep that in mind. I was squirming on my last purchase at $80 per box. So, I'm tapped out at this point.

Also, thanks for the update on V-100f too. I was unaware of that having also been dropped. Again, the USA site of course still shows that available........

Shooter
    127 Format
    When Ferrania fires up the E-6 line again, perhaps they can arrange to get the Ektachrome recipe from Kodak and cook some up?

They could contract the supply back to Alaris and make millions of photographers happy.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    When Ferrania fires up the E-6 line again, perhaps they can arrange to get the Ektachrome recipe from Kodak and cook some up?

They could contract the supply back to Alaris and make millions of photographers happy.
    That's a seriously good idea...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE has said there is far more to duplicating a film than just mixing up some more emulsion to the same recipe. But presumably Alaris could do it without too much trouble, so if Ferrania could contract with them to make Ektachrome-in-all-but-name sold as Ferrania... well anything that seems too much to hope for probably is! E100G and some kind of 400 film please!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I can tell, they have committed to reproducing film they made in the past. I don't think Kodak ever allowed anybody else to make Kodachrome, so just forget about it..
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    As far as I can tell, they have committed to reproducing film they made in the past. I don't think Kodak ever allowed anybody else to make Kodachrome, so just forget about it..
    They are still going to update it I think though, it will be better than the last version at least.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Kodak abandoned the Kodachrome patents years ago, so the info is all there for someone to make it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Kodak abandoned the Kodachrome patents years ago, so the info is all there for someone to make it.
    Let's not turn this into a Kodachrome thread, seriously...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    PE has said there is far more to duplicating a film than just mixing up some more emulsion to the same recipe. But presumably Alaris could do it without too much trouble, so if Ferrania could contract with them to make Ektachrome-in-all-but-name sold as Ferrania... well anything that seems too much to hope for probably is! E100G and some kind of 400 film please!
    Why should someone invest in a own production, just to have a product toll-manufactured by another company?
    Well, we know nothing about the background of Film Ferrania, so we actually cannot answer this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Let's not turn this into a Kodachrome thread, seriously...
    Definitely not....I think we've exhausted that line of thought very thoroughly in other threads! I suppose I was just speculating, from the previous post, whether Kodak had released similar information on the E6 process and films, bearing in mind that it quickly became the standard process for the other slide film makers, Agfa, Fuji. Konica and Ferrania themselves.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin