Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,279   Online: 1018

Page 19 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021222324252969119 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Wouldn't THAT be a kick-in-the-butt reversal?

Ken
    Yes it would. By the way, I love the pun, (reversal, as in reversal film) whether it was intended or not.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Yes it would. By the way, I love the pun, (reversal, as in reversal film) whether it was intended or not.
    It was...

Absolutely didn't think anyone would catch that.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was...

Absolutely didn't think anyone would catch that.

Ken
    I did, but let it slide.

OK, I have to admit I didn't- I'm sure you would have seen the mounting transparency of that lie.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I did, but let it slide.

OK, I have to admit I didn't- I'm sure you would have seen the mounting transparency of that lie.
    Oi!!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I did, but let it slide.

You are the Master, I am merely the unworthy Grasshopper...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wanna' know what would be da' sheeeets?

If Film Ferrania really was successful in bringing a re-engineered E-6 transparency film back to the market, and it turned out to be a wonderful film.

And Kodak E-6 was already tanked. Then Fuji E-6 also tanked. Then mainline E-6 was only available from the new Ferrania.
    Once upon a time, Konica produced film. Konica produced 750nm IR film, in 135 and 120, once a year. I had to wait for it, and then snap it up when it came. I used it, and then I waited for the next batch to become available. It was the only 120 IR film available.

Kodak E6 is gone. Perhaps Fujifilm E6 is going. This would simply mean that Ferrania would have a solid lock on E6. The company would stay afloat, because none of the other manufacturers could make E6 profitably. There is probably enough 120 market to support shipping a master roll of E6 to, say, Ilford to cut and package.

However, for a MF/LF person like me, I might never use the Ferrania E6. I started with MF, and only used 135 because of Kodak HIE. I'll send them a note and see what they say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Fuji quits making E6 would Ferrania alone sell enough to justify the continued availability of E6 chems??

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm guessing that the chems are the "cheap" part of E6. Freestyle shows Arista and Tetenal kits. The real difficulty is in the initial film product. If E6 is dropped as a product world-wide, then I'm sure that the kits would be sure to follow in rapid order. A freezer full of E6 means that it isn't being used, and has no need of immediate development. If Ferrania becomes the sole supplier, then E6 chemical developer production would continue.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    This would simply mean that Ferrania would have a solid lock on E6. The company would stay afloat, because none of the other manufacturers could make E6 profitably.
    I'm not sure it's safe to assume that since Fuji and Kodak couldn't make money on E6 film, Ferrania would be able to find the market profitable. It may just be that more likely the E6 market no longer exists at a sustainable level.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    I'm guessing that the chems are the "cheap" part of E6. Freestyle shows Arista and Tetenal kits. The real difficulty is in the initial film product. If E6 is dropped as a product world-wide, then I'm sure that the kits would be sure to follow in rapid order. A freezer full of E6 means that it isn't being used, and has no need of immediate development. If Ferrania becomes the sole supplier, then E6 chemical developer production would continue.
    I always for get to include "6 bath" kit not the 3 bath kit
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin