Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,332   Online: 1197

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    You can subscribe to their email newsletter on the website:

http://www.filmferrania.it/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    I looked at that site and did not read anything going beyond what was stated in this thread.

Shooter
    35mm
    The news is that the owner of Film Ferrania confirmed work is in progress and soon he will be able to reveal more of his plans, ending speculation about said works.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F50, F55, F60, 2xF601, F65, 3xF75, F801, 2x F801S, F80, F90, 4xF90X, EL2, FE, FM, 2xFG, FG-20, 3xEM

Shooter
    35mm
    At the moment, the filmferrania website appears to be down. The discussion on Flickr surprised me, with people seriously advocating the re-introduction of monochrome films that left the market 40/50 years ago. If the new filmferrania outfit do get going and introduce/re-introduce black & white films, that isn't going to be particularly good news for the likes of Adox, Foma, Ilford etc. What is that saying, "be careful of what you wish for"?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My only concern would be that Italian film will work like Italian cars; when they do work, they're beautiful, but they won't record images at all on alternate tuesdays and Catholic holidays, and every six rolls you'll have to recalibrate your EI or you'll get muddy colors.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    The discussion on Flickr surprised me, with people seriously advocating the re-introduction of monochrome films that left the market 40/50 years ago?
    To be fair, so far there is no discussion at that very thread at Flickr to re-introduce films from 50 years ago.

If a a new owner or someone ordering a custom coating starts up photographic production again, I don't see why that should be with old old formulae instead of the latest technology of Ferrania.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    ... but they won't record images at all on ... Catholic holidays ...
    That's a Vatican City request!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    To be fair, so far there is no discussion at that very thread at Flickr to re-introduce films from 50 years ago.

If a a new owner or someone ordering a custom coating starts up photographic production again, I don't see why that should be with old old formulae instead of the latest technology of Ferrania.
    With respect, you need to re-read the thread, admittedly it's long and wanders all over the place but it contains this remark:

"Finally, it would also be interesting to put back into production some historical Ferrania emulsions, such as Pancro 30".

The point I was making, is that if the new outfit are persuaded by such calls to manufacture B & W film that cannot be good news for the several existing B & W film manufacturers. I think if the new filmferrania were to re-introduce some of the colour films, particularly in sizes such as 126, that would be useful to many of us, but I have reservations about them manufacturing monochrome film. Something which the old Ferrania hadn't done for about 50 years or so.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wolf,

What is your problem with Italians ? Religion or your Ferrari ?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    ... but I have reservations about [Film Ferrania] manufacturing monochrome film. Something which the old Ferrania hadn't done for about 50 years or so.
    I take the stand that who is able to engineer colour-films, which are based on seperate layers similar to those monochrome films, is also able to engineer classis monochrome films.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin