Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,164   Online: 1141

Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would like some more direct updates from Italy letting us know how they are doing. I want to send them some money ASAP. When will that be?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    sending your local E6 lab some Fuji or Kodak to process may be better thing to do?

Shooter
    35mm
    Reading the wittnar tour post it seems the plan is to use the 23cm wide research coating line for production. besides topping out at 8X10 this would make for small production runs. I think they said the machine can be loaded up for 750 Metre rolls, (2400 Ft) and that would be 6 stands of 35mm. So they are planning small production indeed.

Plan is to provide a sub for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF4fixMI-_k and its 16mm cousin. Slides and wider film is just an afterthought at this point.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well, whoever makes the Rollei CN200/CR200 (Agfa?) has shown us that transparencies and negatives can come from the same film stock. There is no technical reason we can't have color transparencies for many years to come.

I want Ferrania to succeed.
    - Bill Lynch

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those two Rollei films are not from one stock. One is a maskless C-41, the other a E-6 film.
    Both are made by Agfa and Agfa recently stated not to intend to re-start coating of their E-6 film.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Perhaps, but transparencies and negative can be obtained from both. No reason they can't continue their maskless negative film.

I guess my point is that Ferrania (or Agfa, or anyone...) can create a product that allows us color negatives and transparencies.

My perfect world would have Ferrania producing both C-41 and E-6 color films.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Given that Ferrania will be using a small research coater, my best guess is they will be able maximize the return on (substantial) investment by concentrating on E-6 process Super 8 and 16mm movie film. These users will probably have no other options available.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Given that Ferrania will be using a small research coater, my best guess is they will be able maximize the return on (substantial) investment by concentrating on E-6 process Super 8 and 16mm movie film. These users will probably have no other options available.
    I really hope they cut some sheet film too, I might buy a few rolls of 35mm in support, but I'm mainly a 120 and 4x5 shooter these days, heck soon I may be an 8x10 shooter...

Hope they produce some small runs of LF as well...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Can anyone point me to the last post from Ferrania on its current status?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    The most recent response from Ferrania I can find is http://www.filmferrania.it/blog/ dated 19 Nov 2013

BTW, if you are on Facebook you can find them at www.facebook.com/filmferrania

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin