Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,596   Online: 1288

Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324252627283272 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Those two Rollei films are not from one stock. One is a maskless C-41, the other a E-6 film.
    Both are made by Agfa and Agfa recently stated not to intend to re-start coating of their E-6 film.
    Can you provide a source for Agfa not coating any more E-6? It's such a neutral, less saturated film (provided you order from Wittner, which isn't puke yellow), I'd hate to only be able to shoot what I have left, and may want to stock up while I can.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two members state so refering to statements from Agfa given to them resp. Wittner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well poop. That was going to be my go-to film to replace Provia 400X if it worked out.

Shooter
    35mm
    oh no... i quite liked that film at 400 iso. With fuji hiking its prices im not sure if I can keep supporting E6 except for super special occasions. I do hope Ferrania manage to breathe new life into E6.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    The most recent response from Ferrania I can find is http://www.filmferrania.it/blog/ dated 19 Nov 2013
    Thanks for that. I wasn't sure from that link just how close Ferrania is to producing its film. Can we be sure that it is beyond that point where an abortion is still possible?

In the meanwhile what is Ferrania producing that gives these R&D gents a salary?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Thanks for that. I wasn't sure from that link just how close Ferrania is to producing its film. Can we be sure that it is beyond that point where an abortion is still possible?

In the meanwhile what is Ferrania producing that gives these R&D gents a salary?

pentaxuser
    still birth is always possible, cot deaths ditto
    bank loan is a normal mechanism swinging interest for /if too much risk
    my interest is how are the resellers going to take to it
    the cine is niche and a distant memory...
    The best thing you can do is preorder queries with resellers that way Ferrania know how they need to cut up their 1st deliverable coating
    like 50x120 or 25x220 or 50x127 etc. whatever you need
    If they discover a different but additional market it would encourage them
    We need to leave no StoneNY unturned.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    still birth is always possible, cot deaths ditto
    bank loan is a normal mechanism swinging interest for /if too much risk
    my interest is how are the resellers going to take to it
    the cine is niche and a distant memory...
    The best thing you can do is preorder queries with resellers that way Ferrania know how they need to cut up their 1st deliverable coating
    like 50x120 or 25x220 or 50x127 etc. whatever you need
    If they discover a different but additional market it would encourage them
    We need to leave no StoneNY unturned.
    StoneNYC!!! Lol

I would certainly order 127, and 120, and 4x5 and possibly 8x10. I might buy a few rolls (maybe 2 pro packs) and a single bulk roll can to be complete in my ordering, especially in the first run.

BUT FILM Ferrania's main focus is the cine market, that's their goal. So we are secondary as far as I read it.

We shall see what they say, I wish I could be an early tester...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    StoneNYC!!! Lol

I would certainly order 127, and 120, and 4x5 and possibly 8x10. I might buy a few rolls (maybe 2 pro packs) and a single bulk roll can to be complete in my ordering, especially in the first run.

BUT FILM Ferrania's main focus is the cine market, that's their goal. So we are secondary as far as I read it.

We shall see what they say, I wish I could be an early tester...
    Yes their assumed market is cine but that may be in error, nostalgia is always a problem. If your want to help their cutting and packaging, email your reseller with tentative order like it was an ULF option.

Then beat hell out of the other E6 people...

The base thickness may be ok for 35mm and large format... maybe roll film maybe not?

If they make lots of cine that does not sell they might stop.

If the other E6 supplier(s) drop out you need F...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

pentaxuser
    Do they get a salary?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Do they get a salary?
    I'm sure the non-investors get salary, but remember there is a startup capital that's been infused into the company coffers, and I'm sure they have been given a timeline...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin