Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,521   Online: 1134

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Do they get a salary?
    They could be taking equity in lieu of salary...
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    My understanding is one of the start-ups founders is a filmmaker who is using some of his own funds in a holy quest to keep Colour reversal Movie stock available. That said, I am hoping that once they have something to coat, they may make other formats.

Not sure if a given coating line can work with different thicknesses of film base without a lot of adjustments. Roll film tends to be on a thiner base, while sheet film tends to be thicker. 16mm Movies may want acetate base to make it easy to splice, as would 35mm still film for its lack of Light piping, roll and sheet is perhaps better on polyester, but that is not as critical.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Was it Adox that said they might also coat 127?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Wittner-Cinetec have visited the Ferrania plant and have a blog on it, its well worth a read.
    Film Ferrania state that they will be producing E6 and C41 type films first, and are looking at bringing back their famous B&W stocks as soon as possible.

They also want to reintroduce alot of the obsolete film formats that are no longer made, such as 126 film for example.

Please dont tell me that AGFA is stopping production of Aviphot Chrome 200?

Wittner-Cinetec told me last year that they were guranteed supply of the stuff for at least 3 years.

Shooter
    35mm
    Where are we at on this? I assume that to plagiarise Mr Churchill's words during WWII after El Alamein, "This is clearly not the end and is not even the beginning of the end but it may be the end of the beginning."

Are we yet at the end of the beginning?

Anyone know?

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd be happy to have 35mm in ISO 100 and ISO 400 E-6 films (I'd even be happy with an ISO 200 emulsion instead of the 400 as long as it's pushable). The suspense is killing me, but in the meantime I'll continue to enjoy the E-6 emulsions available from Fuji and Agfa-Gevaert.

Oh, and 126 would be nice so long as somebody makes mounts for it!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Where are we at on this?

[...]

Anyone know?
    From 4/22/14 this post references what I believe is still the most recent blog entry from Ferrania. They are acknowledging their schedule has slipped, but are asking everyone to "stay tuned..."

I wonder if they may have been forced to reevaluate their anticipated levels of production, given the intense online interest from still photographers, especially E-6 photographers. Originally they were, I believe, going to concentrate on 8/16mm motion picture film. A much smaller market. But with Kodak having tossed in the towel on E-6 and Fuji continuing to contract, interest in their efforts may have been higher than they expected?

Just speculating. But I wouldn't write them off yet...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One does not start production just because there is high demand?

What business logic is behind that conduct (other than cranking up prices) ?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    One does not start production just because there is high demand?

What business logic is behind that conduct (other than cranking up prices) ?
    Well TIP did this and they are doing pretty well...

And I hope they don't just start with 35mm... I hope they come out with 127 and sheet film sizes, 4x5 and 8x10 as well.

It would be a shame if they only made 35mm for a long time, I hardly use that these days...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe their original plans may have been to start just with the 8/16mm movie film. They wanted to preserve that medium. I'm guessing the scope may have exploded after that goal went public?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin